Content Producer / Writer - Security Portfolio
Full Time Job
WHAT'S EXCITING ABOUT THIS JOB?
This is a new position that will enable an experienced writer to expand their knowledge base while producing news, informational and educational content in a variety of formats. The candidate will be the lead writer and content producer for Card Not Present, a leading online publication focused exclusively on digital payments and fraud, and for a new publication focused on physical security & public safety, IT/IoT and autonomous security technology launching in early 2019 (via our ISC Security Events).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research and produce deadline-driven, accurate, short- and long-form news articles, posts and features for Card Not Present and ISC publications independently and at the direction of the editor-in-chief
• Establish contacts and sources and conduct phone interviews with security and e-commerce industry stakeholders in support of written pieces
• Contribute to sponsored digital products as needed, including white papers, merchant guides and research reports
• Ensure all written product meets style, tone and marketing message requirements, as well as reflecting ISC and CNP brands
• Collaborate, as needed, with Security Portfolio leadership and event staff to support and develop educational content for ISC and CNP events
• Develop audio and video content for ISC and CNP digital platforms
• Develop and/or expand knowledge base in e-commerce, payments, fraud, cyber security and physical security to inform written output
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILL SETS
• Write clear, informative, accurate and objective copy with readers' needs in mind
• Two-plus years of experience in journalism or communications covering the e-commerce, payments, fraud, cyber security and/or physical security industries
• Portfolio of written work
• Excellent research and interviewing capabilities
• Ability to manage to and meet tight deadlines and be highly organized
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.
WHO WE ARE
Reed Exhibitions is the leading global events business with publishing, information and analytics in our DNA. Out-of-the box ideas are welcome here. We embrace collaboration, creativity and foster an entrepreneurial spirit that keeps us growing and evolving. If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging and friendly environment that will offer you the opportunity to showcase your skills, we'd like to meet you!
ABOUT THE SECURITY PORTFOLIO
The Reed Security Portfolio comprises events and publications spanning e-commerce, cyber security, physical security, online payments and fraud in the U.S., Mexico and Brazil. Industry-leading events combine with digital news, information, analysis and research for payments, security and fraud prevention professionals.
The portfolio includes ISC West, ISC East, CNP Expo, Card Not Present.com, Unmanned Security Expo, Connected Security Expo, Cyber: Secured Forum, Expo Seguridad (Mexico) and ISC Brasil.