Accountant / Analyst
Full Time Job
This is an exciting opportunity for an Accountant, preferably with public accounting experience, to grow their career with a dynamic department that supports events that span all industries as well as our fan based ReedPOP shows. There will be opportunity to travel and experience many of our most popular shows and events. If you are a disciplined self-starter who would like to expand your skills and grow your career in a collegial and collaborative environment, we would like to meet you!
Primarily this position will assist the Finance Department with key financial functions including journal entries, sales tracking reports, month end reporting requirements, as well as many ad hoc projects.
Other responsibilities will include key financial functions such as preparation of budgets, financial forecasts, analysis for assigned events and to ensure the integrity of the financial data as it relates to revenues and expenses. Serve as a business/financial partner to the event teams and management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for performing general accounting functions which include:
• Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Preparation of journal entries.
• Running general ledger reports and inquiries
• Partnering with international offices to assist with intercompany financial reporting
• Preparation of weekly sales tracking reports for Senior Management
• Assist in processing of various purchase requisitions
• Coordinate trade show on-site financial needs for Finance Manager:
• Establish banking requirements
• Setting up and maintaining Veriphones for sales activity
• Preparation for finance needs at events
• Prepare and reconcile financial documents on-site when appropriate
• Provide financial support as needed
• Assist the Finance Department with special projects/analysis to support general
May perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
• B.S. in Accounting
• 2-3 years' experience, preferably national accounting firm
• Job Internship/experience in a service industry preferred.
• Proficiency in Advance Microsoft Excel
• Strong knowledge of financial information systems (Oracle and Hyperion a plus)
• Ability to work within strict deadlines
• Strong Communication skills
• Ability to interpret and summarize financial data
• Travel approximately 5-10%.
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.