Production Assistant, Summer Music Festival
Ravinia FestivalHIghland Park, IL
Full Time Job
The Ravinia Festival Association is seeking a team of Production Assistants to assist in the coordination and execution of all backstage operations for the 2019 summer season. These positions are highly coveted, and past employees have gone on to obtain full-time employment within major arts organizations.
- Dates of Employment May/June through late-September 2019 (with some flexibility)
This is a full-time contract position for the 2019 summer season at Ravinia.
- General Responsibilities Assistants will perform the daily operations of the Production Department including, but not limited to; artist transportation, hospitality, setting dressing rooms, restocking inventory and general office work.
- Requirements Ability to work well as part of a team and independently. Strong communication, organizational and problem solving skills. Attention to detail. Clean driving record** (must be submitted with application). Comfortable driving Ravinia's fleet vehicles. Excellent computer skills. Consistent source of transportation at any time of day or night and a reliable cell phone. Ability to work outside of normal business hours (position requires extensive evening and weekend hours, some seven-day work weeks). Employees are required to sign an offer letter and a confidentiality agreement.
- Additional Notes In addition to the general responsibilities, the position will focus on substantive areas of production management including: arts administration, music business, technical coordination, and production coordination. Candidates with any of these backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Ravinia is a union house, so there are no technical/on-stage aspects to this position.
- Compensation $12/hour. Thirty to fifty hours per week with opportunities for overtime pay. Free attendance at most concerts. Some meals provided. Cell phone reimbursement. Internship credit is available upon request.
Ideal candidates will also offer some of the following skills/experience:
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of performing arts
- Knowledge of Chicagoland area attractions, roadways and public transportation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills
- Foreign language speakers encouraged to apply?
Compensation $12/hour. Thirty to fifty hours per week with opportunities for overtime pay. Free attendance at most concerts. Some meals provided. Cell phone reimbursement. Internship credit is available.
Applicants are required to provide a cover letter, resume, and a current copy of their driving record. All hiring is conditional on receiving an approved background check.
Application deadline is April 15, 2019. **Driving records are generally available at your local Secretary of State or DMV office for a nominal fee. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online