News Video Editor
Prometheus Global MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
News Video Editor - Temporary
The Hollywood Reporter is looking for an experienced news video editor based in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate is someone enthusiastic about entertainment, moving images and cutting video in a newsroom. The editor should be fast, organized, self-directed and take ownership of all post stages of a project.
• Edit short and medium format content to broadcast quality standards.
• Easily able to change between 3 cameras to make show look seamless
• Able to integrate clips, stills, and cut packages into a show to improve production value
• Edit quickly, using shortcut keys, for a show under a tight deadline
• Understand the production and make obvious edits before a producer weighs in
• Select music beds that fit the story and are not distracting
• Ensure that all producer notes are addressed and handled quickly and correctly
• Understand how to download and effect images from photo agencies for edit
• Make quick edits to stills pulled from web and adding credits taken from Instagram pages, Facebook Pages, and other social media
• Prepare all footage, clips and stills before show is shot so elements are ready to be integrated into the final cut
• Expertly apply finishing and packaging skills to each edit, including: color correction, sound design, sound mixing/eq, graphics and multi-format delivery. Ensure talent and video looks and sounds best as possible.
• Be supremely organized and proactive at every stage of a project - from footage intake to distribution.
• Work collaboratively within a fast-paced team environment.
• Communicate clearly and positively across departments about project schedules, creative decisions, approvals, deliverables.
• Stay up to date on technical developments and software updates and apply new skills to improve workflow and quality.
• 5-7 Years of professional editing experience
• A bachelor's degree in Film, Animation, Visual Studies or similar
• Expert level knowledge of full Adobe Creative Suite
• Proven success working with creative teams, directors and clients
• A firm grasp of digital camera formats, frame rates, codecs, compression techniques and file based workflows
• Adept online editor: color correction, music supervision and post-production sound mixing
• Keen eye for detail in sound, pacing and story of edits
• The ability to juggling multiple projects and deadlines
• Experience working from a server with other editors
• Knowledge of video camera operation, lighting and sound recording a plus
All applications must include a link to an online editing reel demonstrating a wide breadth of professional, non-fiction editorial experience.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. The Hollywood Reporter offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer.