Executive Assistant To EVP / Group Publisher
Prometheus Global MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard is currently looking for an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to our EVP/Group Publisher and the LA based Sales team for the entertainment and music industries' most trusted resource for news, reviews, analysis, and charts. The position will be responsible for but not limited to the following tasks:
• Manage Group Publisher's calendar and event attendance, contacts, calls, travel and expense reports
• Prepare and alert Publisher of critical information for meetings (e.g. agendas, driving directions, etc.)
• Work with Finance department to process, approve and pay vendor invoices
• Maintain department subscriptions to competitors' media/circulations and distribute to appropriate staff
• Responsible for maintaining office supplies, organization and appearance of office space.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings for department and book conference rooms as needed
• Manage and negotiate barter agreements for THR and BB
• Work with circulation and production staff to insure barter agreement fulfillment and issues are ordered for industry events.
• Assist Group Publisher in reviewing and approving employees' expense reports and invoices
• Take team meeting notes and establish/open conference call bridge for weekly meetings
• Provide Group Publisher assistance in organizing personal office and mail correspondence
• Assist events staff with day-of coordination or support at company-led events such as Women in Music, Women in Entertainment, Emmy Night, Noms Night, etc.
• Assist in maintaining a system of receiving and storing magazines in-office
• Assist sales executive with bookings of paid ads into Salesforce
• Follow up with clients for ad artwork
• Manage tickets and guest lists for any industry events THR and BB have obtained through barter and/or event sponsorship
Ideal candidate will be professional and able to work independently. Position requires exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills. Ability to work with all levels of the organization and external clients. A team player that is resourceful and results oriented. Multi-tasker with impeccable attention to detail. Comfortable dealing with sales agreements and execute on agreed terms for barter.
Additional requirements are as follows:
• Minimum 3 years' experience supporting senior level executive(s)
• Previous experience working in a publishing or a fast paced/ deadline driven environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Multi-tasker who is extremely organized
• Keen eye to detail
• Demonstrate initiative and be resourceful
• Skillful diplomat who can also be a strong gatekeeper
• Able to handle contracts and work across departments to fulfill terms (barter agreements)
• Strong MS Office, Outlook
• CRM / Salesforce experience a plus
The above are minimum requirements. We welcome resumes from more experienced candidates. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. The Hollywood Reporter offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer.