Deputy Style Editor
Prometheus Global MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter seeks a Deputy Editor to edit and publish fashion and style stories from beat writers, correspondents, freelancers and wire service providers, as well as report multiple style news and feature stories a week.
The Editor will be helping to shape and support THR's style coverage, organizing daily news budgets, attending daily news meetings and prioritizing editing and writing assignments, as well as covering events in the market.
The Editor will also help curate the homepage for THR Style and coordinate with social media editors on the development and promotion of stories on multiple platforms.
Additionally, the editor will play a role in the web production of stories from the weekly print magazine.
This position requires evening and weekend availability.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or related field
* Minimum 2 years of experience as a writer or editor at a magazine, newspaper or digital news site.
* Ability to identify and report out stories that are driving the conversation in the entertainment and fashion industries.
* Ability to write quickly and accurately, with an understanding of how news breaks online, and how to advance stories with a phone call or email.
* Ability to prioritize hourly breaking news writing with multiple daily editing assignments
* Familiarity with CMS publishing and web production
* Familiarity with Chartbeat and Google Analytics, Twitter and Facebook, with an eye toward making decisions factoring in reader engagement.
* Understanding of SEO and similar content production best practices
The above are minimum requirements. We welcome resumes from more experienced candidates.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. The Hollywood Reporter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.