Partnership Marketing Specialist
Portland Trail BlazersPortland, OR
Full Time Job
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. Our organization has an opportunity and responsibility to positively impact our staff, players, fans, and community. As such, we are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and our community.
We ask that you join us in this journey, and that you continue to advance this work within your own sphere of influence. We are all in this together - after all, we are all part of Rip City.
Our Partnership Marketing Specialist supports the execution and planning of Corporate Partner activations. You will establish strong, long-term connections with key corporate accounts.
You will be responsible for:
• Leading a portfolio of partnership accounts and acting as the day-to-day contact for our sponsors.
• Supporting the team with Partnership activations including coordinating season-long promotions and the execution of game day promotions, as well as crafting large scale events.
• Supporting seasonal planning, renewal and new business development by conducting research on activation best known practices and significant marketing intelligence related to current partners and prospects for our Corporate Partnership Department.
• Assist with account renewal strategy team and process by using research and analytics for potential upsell opportunities.
• Acting as a secondary point of contact for communication with key partners and providing extraordinary customer service, as needed, for our top clients.
• Collaborating with Partnership Marketing Managers on the development of quarterly and annual reports to clients that could include data on Partner objectives, relevant research analytics, summary of results generated, and recommendations.
• Participating in the planning and execution of events that impact the department as a whole.
You are qualified if:
• You possess a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism, or a related field; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• You have a minimum of two years marketing experience specifically in brand, media, digital, advertising, promotions and/or event planning.
• You are able to prioritize and lead multiple projects at a time.
• You demonstrate an ability to solve problems creatively, using the highest degree of tact.
• You collaborate well with all levels of clients, management and peers.
• You make decisions and work independently with minimal supervision.
• You look to innovate and brainstorm new ideas.
• You present a professional demeanor and strong team orientation.
• You demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You show excellent attention to detail and follow through.
• You possess working knowledge of basic PC systems and familiarity with Office products.
• You have an understanding of the sales process, preferred.
• You possess the ability to lift 20-50 lbs.
• You can work flexible hours that may include working Trail Blazers home games plus other nights, weekends and holidays.
If you have previous marketing experience and want to take that to the NBA level, then apply for our Partnership Marketing Specialist position!
Offers of employment will be conditioned on an individualized assessment of background check results after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you at least 18 years of age?
• Why are you interested in this position?
• We want to make sure this position is a great match for you and our organization. What is your salary expectation for this position?