Game Night Staff
Portland Trail BlazersPortland, OR
Part Time Job
Game Night Staff (part-time)
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment.
Do you love behind the scenes work and thrive in a dynamic work environment? The Trail Blazers are seeking PT Game Night Staff who will assist with the set-up and execution of in-arena game operation elements and fan experiences. As a Game Night Staff team member, your focus is on crafting memories while ensuring our fans enjoy a seamless game experience.
You are ideal for this opportunity if you display the energy and authenticity of Rip City and understand what it means to be professional as a representative of the Trail Blazers brand.
You will be responsible for:
• Assisting Game Operations Manager and Game Operations Director with preparation and execution of game operations elements (in-arena promotions, contests, entertainment, etc.) including but not limited to the following activities:
• Escorting groups from loading dock to event areas.
• Overseeing pre-game activities, including fan experiences and player introductions.
• Executing contests including selection of contestants.
• Retrieving entertainment equipment from storage, setting up in event area, and returning to storage.
• Directing performers around the arena and commons when scheduled.
• Accessing the arena cat-walk.
• Facilitating in-game activities for half-time groups.
• Providing excellent customer service to our fans, sponsors, entertainers, other arena staff, etc.
• Acting as point person for clients during games.
• Facilitating on-court fan experiences during the afternoon of game days.
• Reporting to all games approximately 2-3 hours prior to tip-off (arrival time determined by manager). And being available for any post-game facilitation needs for up to one hour after each home game.
• Working Season Ticket Holder and Group Sales events on non-game days.
• Wearing issued uniform shirt and court appropriate sneakers at every game.
• Performing additional tasks as requested.
• Maintaining your safety with shifts containing 80% Standing/Walking; 20% Stair Climbing
• Lifting and carrying heavy items while running, extending, bending, and kneeling – both individually and with the team.
• Frequently climbing stairs, moving heavy equipment and materials.
• Working safely at heights.
You are qualified if:
• You have at least 1 season or 1-year experience working in a game or event atmosphere.
• You are able to work all Trail Blazers home games, with few exceptions.
• You can work special events for our Season Ticket Holders and Groups.
• You are comfortable working in front of a large audience and at times being a focal point.
• You can focus on tasks, without being easily distracted by game action, players, coaches, broadcast personnel, and other performance team members, fans, etc.
• You are comfortable interacting with fans in a professional manner and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• You possess outstanding communication and customer service skills.
• You consider yourself to be outgoing and friendly to everyone.
• You love working in a dynamic, sometimes stressful, & complex working environment.
• You demonstrate creative problem solving and decision-making skills.
If you're passionate about our part-time Game Night Staff position, and it fits with your skills and experience, then take the next step and apply.
Offers of employment will be conditioned on an individualized assessment of background check results after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you at least 18 years of age or older?
• Do you have at least 1 season or year of game operations or related event experience? Please describe.