Director Of Guest Experience
Portland Trail BlazersPortland, OR
Full Time Job
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment.
To support our pursuit, we are looking for a Director of Guest Experience that will lead all aspects of the event-related functions and are key to our Guest Experience. This person will oversee the creation, implementation and delivery of a comprehensive Guest Experience program focusing on our CREATE program while supporting existing organizational values and standards. This position will live the Rose Quarter mission to create extraordinary moments for our guests, our events, and each other. They will also strive for excellence to entertain and ignite the fan experience in unexpected ways.
You will be responsible for:
• Being a positive influence to the team and leading with a high level of integrity.
• Creating a seamless guest experience and leading the integration of new customer service standards, while maintaining or improving the culture of the department.
• Liaising with different departments to implement all aspects of the Guest Experience program including an elite training plan, full-time and part-time staff recognition, and guest feedback and satisfaction tracking.
• Working with the management team to continue to the development of secret shop criteria, frequency, planning, and continuous improvement.
• Preparing, reviewing, and monitoring Guest Experience operating and event budgets to ensure efficient operations within budget limitations.
• Maintaining ownership of the promotion and training of the CREATE Program, including leading the Steering Committees and sub-committees, working closely with key internal partners and outside vendors to develop training programs, and liaising with the NBA to administer and report on program metrics, success stories, and planning.
• Optimizing relationships with third-party partners to ensure consistency of service and management event related expenses.
• Collaborating with Event Department to ensure proper staffing for events based on internal and external needs, managing client relationships, and providing a seamless promoter and artist experience.
• Addressing and resolving part-time employee relations issues with mentorship from the People and Culture Department.
• Managing and developing employee performance including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
• Creating and executing department business plans and subsequent resourcing.
• Partnering with People and Culture and other outside resources to lead and develop additional training activities across the business in alignment with service initiatives and seasonal changes in staffing.
• Approaching all tasks with a ''can-do'' attitude and understanding that there is no other kind of attitude.
• Taking ownership and seeing our guest's need through, from beginning to end, feeling empowered to say ''Yes!'' and to create those extraordinary moments.
You are qualified if:
• You have a minimum of 5 years experience related to guest experience or event management.
• You have a Guest Experience background in a multi-venue property environment - preferred.
• You have previous experience in sports or entertainment - preferred.
• You have at least 3 years of direct leadership experience where mentoring and performance is emphasized.
• You have a Bachelor's degree in related field - strongly preferred.
• You have experience developing and presenting training materials across multiple leadership levels and departments.
• You have a consistent record of building high performance teams.
• You can work collaboratively in a dynamic, high profile environment and deliver extraordinary moments to our guests and our employees.
• You have strong business insight.
• You are able to regularly work on evenings and weekends within a flexible schedule.
If you have venue experience leading a Guest Experience staff, then take the next step and apply for our Director of Guest Experience role!
Final offers of employment will be contingent on a successful background check after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.
• How did you hear about this job?