Assistant, Public Relations
PopPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
Pop (CBS/Lionsgate Joint Venture) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic Public Relations assistant who is passionate about entertainment and pop culture with a strong desire to learn the field of Communications/PR. The optimal candidate is a quick-study and eager to learn the business with strong communication and presentation skills. The Assistant will interact with every department at the company, including senior executives as well as with network talent. Must be forward-thinking and organized with a strong work ethic. Occasional weekend and evening work hours will be required.
• Monitor industry and company news on a daily basis, and prepare tracking reports
• Post news and photos to Pop TV's press web site
• Track vendor invoices and expenses for the department budget
• Assist at network's press events, including publicity support on red carpets and press tours
• Support press release distribution via media database management and coordination with CBS Communications
• Assist with creation of tune-in advisories and media alerts
• Prepare and update the department's calendar by tracking publicity dates, editorial opportunities and industry events
• Assist with project coordination working with internal departments, including creative/marketing, ad sales, programming, scheduling and legal
• Arrange travel for EVP and for Pop TV's talent
• Answer phones, schedule meetings and prepare expense reports for the EVP
• 1-2 years as an assistant in entertainment industry, and/or B.A. in relevant field with multiple PR-related internships.
Please provide your salary expectations for this position.
Job Code: Assistant, Public Relations
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online