Bilingual (English/Spanish) Caption Editor
Point.360Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Point.360 has been serving the studios and independents in post-production for over 30 years, and we have a true passion for the business. Our innovative and award-winning team consistently provides creative, high-end results for television series, feature films, commercials, restoration, and corporate content. Utilizing the latest technology, Point.360 serves the global community from the heart of Los Angeles.
We are currently seeking experienced Bilingual (Spanish/English) Caption Editors to join our team. This is a full-time position in our Los Angeles office. Candidates must possess extraordinary attention to detail, be able to work with minimal supervision, and have a superior command of both the Spanish and English language.
- Positions are full time (40 hrs./week) with occasional overtime
- Hiring for day shift (7:00 AM - 3:30 PM) or swing shift. (4:00 PM - 12:30 AM), Monday - Friday, with an option to work Saturday day (9:00 AM - 5:30 PM) in lieu of one weekday.
- A grammar & spelling test will be administered at the interview
• Creation of closed caption files, including transcription of spoken English and/or Spanish dialogue, spotting/timing and occasional light translation
• QCing and Proofing own projects, as well as projects created by others, ensuring final product is error free
• Ensuring final deliverable meets industry standards and client specifications
• Taking and retaining feedback from supervisor and applying it to future projects
• Experience as a Caption Editor, Subtitle Editor, or Translator required
• Must have excellent command of written Spanish (especially correct punctuation) and feel comfortable with some translating
• Must have excellent command of written English
• Must be able to type minimum 50 wpm
• Must be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online