Summer Paid Intern - Entertainment PR
PMK*BNCNew York, NY
Full Time Paid Internship
PMK• BNC New York is looking for a 2019 Summer Intern in the Entertainment PR Division! This internship gives you the opportunity to work alongside our Film, Music and Talent PR teams! We are INFLUENTIAL, representing the world's most prominent actors, actresses, musicians, films, producers, directors, content creators, production companies, television properties, special events, authors and sports figures.
• Work with teams to gain real-world, hands on experience
• Learn influential communication and PR strategies
• Collaborate with other interns to develop and present a group project to executive and senior level business managers
• Attend Intern 101 Meetings led by staff members to gain a better understanding of various departments
• In Film, Collaborate with the film team in selecting promotional clip suggestions and brainstorming pitch angles for those clips. Help in coordinating/executing various off-site events, including premieres/red carpets and press days. Sit in on conference calls and meetings with film clients and also staff meetings
• In Music, assist in day-to-day duties relative to tours such as speaking with the venue PR representatives, allocating media tickets and photo passes, and monitoring for review coverage. Assist in monitoring for music client press, status reports, and master music files.
• In Talent, Search, scan, and track client press coverage as it happens. Build media lists and contact sheets by using Cision, IMBD Pro, Who Represents, and basic internet searches. Research new business and compile recent press/notable happenings to create an at-a-glance look at prospective clients and their projects. Attend client events, photo shoots, tapings, etc. to learn more about the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of personal publicists as needed/approved
Required Experience and Skill:
• Currently enrolled student working towards a Bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university (recent graduates are not eligible for this program). Must show proof of enrollment.
• College credit is available if needed
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Office experience, preferably in a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Positive attitude and work ethic
• Commitment of 24 hours a week (full days preferred)
• Commitment to an 8 week internship term
• Knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel
Follow our intern program on Instagram: @pmk_bnc_interns.
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Who We Are:
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators, as well as leading consumer brands and prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).