Manager, Strategic Insights & Analytics
PMK*BNCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Strategic Marketing Analytics
We are currently seeking a Manager to support the Strategic Insights & Analytics group in our New York, NY location. The ideal candidate will be will be an analytical thinker capable of looking at complex business problems and fostering a culture of enthusiasm around creative solution development. The candidate will be able to pull data together quickly and bring forth impactful insights. The manager will be responsible for providing analytical support to internal teams and clients. Creativity, strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as leadership presence, are essential.
The Strategic Insights & Analytics group uses in-depth research and data to challenge clients' perceptions, identify opportunities, deliver insights and provide data-driven solutions to a variety of situational barriers that enhance our clients' successes in the marketplace.
Who We Are:
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators, as well as leading consumer brands and prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• Partner with client teams to translate marketing and business objectives into an appropriate measurement framework
• Sit in-house at our client's office for at least 50% of the time (in New York City)
• Serve as day-to-day leader of a team of analysts providing direction and recommendations for measurement, analytics, insight development and creating a positive and motivating atmosphere
• Review reporting deliverables to ensure analytics are sound, key findings and recommendations are appropriate; reports are visually impactful and client expectations are met.
• Identify areas of opportunity and optimization in future campaigns and clearly articulate those to the internal teams as well as the client
• Provide KPI performance monitoring – ongoing measurement and reporting of various metrics from quantitative and qualitative research, monitoring systems and other data sources.
• Review data sets and reports for accuracy, validity, data integrity and insights
• Collaborate with internal teams and clients; participate in and lead client meetings, conference calls, and presentations
• Work with Strategic Insights & Analytics leadership team to allocate resources, develop and train team members
• Manage vendors and/or outside partners for data tools and collection
• Explore innovative measurement tools, methodologies, and approaches to create new efficiencies and solutions
• Serve as a resource and subject matter expert on market research vendors, analytics tools, and best practices
• Flexibility in work schedule required with evening / weekend hours
• Occasional travel required
Required Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree. Advanced degrees preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in market research, consumer insights or data analysis
• Strong, positive team player with a collaborative work style and leadership experience
• Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
• Ability to envision the big picture while focusing on the details
• Track record in working to tight deadlines, analyzing and amalgamating large, complex streams of data
• Skilled at creatively visualizing information and data
• Ability to effectively manage workload and deadlines and help manage pipelines for the team
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills, problem solving and independent decision making
• Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
• Comprehensive understanding of metrics – media, marketing, business and statistics
• Must have excellent computer skills, expert in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
• Experience using analytics and visualization tools (e.g. SQL, SPSS, Excel Macros, Piktochart, Visual.ly etc.) required
• Experience managing vendors and/or outside partners
• Develop and manage strong client relationships, both internal and external
• A general understanding of Brand Communications and Strategy as well as a keen understanding of how it connects to Popular Culture are advantageous.
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D