Junior Editor / Videographer
PMK*BNCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Junior Editor / Videographer (Temp-to-Perm)
Do you scroll through Instagram and stop at posts with hundreds of thousands of likes and think ''Pffft, I could do that!'' Are you on the bleeding edge of what's new in digital video? Do you look at a title sequence and map out the AE timeline in your head? Then we're looking for you. We're looking for a Videographer with a desire to create great content.
At VOWEL we bring brand experiences to life through digital channels. We work in a very fast paced environment and turn projects around very quickly. We often get chosen for these types of projects because our clients know that, of all the agencies out there, we're the only ones that can execute a same-day or next-day turnaround without sacrificing quality.
For experiential events, it goes something like this: Attend. Shoot. Edit. Submit. On to the next one.
The ideal candidate will have expertise with high end cameras (RED/ Mirrorless / Digital SLR), as well as proficiency in video editing, video effects, and creating cinemagraphs and animated GIFs. We want creative collaborators on our team. You must have the ability to wear many hats, bring ideas to the table and execute them.
This is a temp-to-perm position in New York City, starting on a weekly freelance rate, with the opportunity to transition to full-time after 4-6 weeks.
The Junior Editor will be responsible for editing content in a fast turnaround timeframe. They will work actively with our Creative team as well as cross-functionally with the rest of our digital department.
Who We Are:
Check us out! http://www.voweldigital.com/
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents leading consumer brands as well as many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• Shoot/Edit and ensure a high quality video content.
• Work closely with the creative team and management on video style and strategy
• Focus on storytelling, bringing our followers along with us as we explore our brands
• Responsible for producing video that will resonate with our audience
• Drive a high level of engagement and sharing for our brands
• Quickly edit certain short video as needed Requirements
• Experience shooting video of all types, including social media
• Experience editing a single asset for multiple channels / formats (Instagram, twitter, facebook etc)
• A natural born storyteller with a nonstop flow of creative ideas to engage video viewers
• Expertise with a variety of cameras, mics, lighting, sound and other necessary equipment
• Self-motivated, driven and passionate
• Be available to handle fast turnaround, short timeline requests.
• Re-edit and update existing assets.
• Ensure that all online assets are current and up-to-date.
Required Experience and Skills:
• At least 2-4 years of prior production and post-production experience.
• Deep understanding of different cameras and digital formats
• Detailed technical knowledge of camera formats and video codecs
• Expert in Adobe Premiere, Solid knowledge of After Effects, and Photoshop
• Strong experience and familiarity in evolving media landscape, social media, and emerging marketing techniques and platforms
• Ability to manage a project, meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks at the same time
• Budget management
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills are a must
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D