Director, Brand Communications
PMK*BNCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Brand Communications (Lifestyle & Travel)
PMK• BNC New York is seeking a dynamic Director to manage a top-tier, national consumer brand account across travel, lifestyle and other verticals.
This individual will bring a verifiable track record of developing and implementing successful, integrated PR strategies. This person has excellent people-management skills and has mastered the client/agency process. She/he will bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the account and inspirational style to managing the team.
Ideal candidate will have strong experience in the Lifestyle/Travel categories successfully leveraging brand initiatives, brand partnerships, brand history/narrative and creative programming through PR and social media, generating measurable results against client goals. Viable candidates can point to specific experience successfully leading their teams in the planning, development and execution of best-in-class, multi-channel PR programs including media relations, social media outreach, brand positioning, content development, talent engagement, budget management and client/account management.
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators, as well as leading consumer brands and prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• Serve as day-to-day lead for account team managing team members ranging from senior account executives to administrative assistants
• Understanding of the evolving media landscape to develop and implement successful media strategies. Provide direction and guidance to account team
• Identify like-minded partnership ideas and strategies for clients
• Develop and maintain strong relationship with clients
• Ability to manage cross-agency integration and campaign management
• Create and deliver client presentations and plans
• Attend account reviews and staff meetings - provide ongoing communications and feedback
• Supervise writing and editing of media materials and provide direction to ensure quality control
• Identify and develop client growth opportunities
• Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
• Develop program plans, proposals, outreach strategies, and event concepts
• Accountable for quality control and review of all budgets, planning decks, recaps, status reports, work back schedules, deliverables, vendor and partner contracts and overall project management.
• Work with team to develop plans, proposals, and presentations to include event and partnership marketing concepts, promotional ideas, marketing materials and activation details.
• Create, ''sell in'' and manage project-based and quarterly budgets on behalf of client team.
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Marketing
• 8 years of media relations experience; large agency/client experience is a plus
• Strong media relationships in the lifestyle/travel category required
• Track record of successfully developing media strategies, identifying story angles, developing press materials and securing top tier coverage for clients
• Exceptional judgment when working with media, team members, client contacts and vendors
• Successful in managing multiple short- and long-term plans simultaneously
• Experience engaging mid- to senior-level clients
• Strong leadership and team management skills
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D