Director, Brand Communications
PMK*BNCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Brand Communications (PR/Corporate Communications/Media Strategy)
If you follow the latest cultural trends, if new technology thrills you, and if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this position is for you!
PMK• BNC New York is seeking a Director, Brand Communications (Integrated Communications) to serve as our client's right-hand deputy, counsel to senior executives within our client's organization and a strong leader to the bi-coastal account team.
Who We Are:
PMK• BNC is the global leader in Lifestyle, Entertainment and Popular Culture. We specialize in enhancing clients relationships with consumers, fans and communities through the passion points of entertainment, sports, music, fashion, technology, art and philanthropy. We are pioneers in the strategic development and use of non-traditional marketing solutions grounded in Public Relations. With more than 250 employees spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London, we engage in public relations, event marketing, experiential marketing strategies, celebrity/influencer marketing and outreach, product integration, sponsorship, content creation and brand consultation.
• Lead media strategy, messaging and story telling
• Serve as a primary contact for the client to provide strategic thought leadership and executive positioning
• Serve as a primary contact for the client to provide strategic counsel and address any issues
• Lead account team to develop creative, results-driven public relations programs that fit client's objectives
• Develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with senior clients
• Understand how to parse out a complex story for different audiences
• Incorporate new media platforms and understand how to leverage them to achieve overall marketing objectives
• Work with team to develop plans, proposals, event marketing concepts that drive press and marketing and PR materials
• Research, identify, and help negotiate strategic opportunities, partnerships and entertainment/lifestyle programming
• Develop media strategies around marketing partnerships and events (film partnerships, fashion partnerships, talent partnerships, etc.) being executed by clients.
• Work closely with outreach, influencer, experiential, and entertainment marketing groups to ensure synergy, collaboration, and communication
• Assess program effectiveness and communicate back to client
• Maintain current knowledge of trends in entertainment, lifestyle and culture arena and confidently provide point-of-views to the client
• Be proactive, anticipate client needs and keep multiple activities on schedule
• Develop quality standards, oversee account work and ensure client satisfaction
• Develop and coach account teams for peak performance
• Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
• Mentor individuals so that they are able to achieve their professional goals
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Marketing
• 8 years of experience; agency experience and consumer tech category is a plus
• Experience in entertainment and lifestyle marketing
• Experience activating marketing and/or PR initiatives around large cultural events such as Super Bowl, NBA All Star, SXSW, Tribeca Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, Lollapalooza, Academy Awards, etc.
• Strong understanding and experience creating ideas which build audiences, increase awareness and engage the consumer through the passion points of pop culture: music, sports, film, television, celebrity, technology, philanthropy, art and fashion.
• Ability to evolve and elevate PMK• BNC processes and client strategies with changing trends in the media landscape
• Experience in managing scope of work and budgets
• Experience participating in new business pitches
• Commitment and dedication to the agency's success as well as individual career
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D