Account Supervisor, Brand Communications
PMK*BNCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Account Supervisor, Brand Communications (Lifestyle)
PMK• BNC New York is seeking a dynamic Account Supervisor for a top consumer lifestyle and luxury client. This individual must be extremely detail-oriented, understand the nuances of what makes a great story and have experience managing multiple client work streams in a fast-paced environment.
This individual will bring a verifiable track record of developing and implementing successful, integrated PR strategies, including media relations, leveraging social media and activating influencers.
This person has excellent people-management skills and has mastered the client/agency process. She/he will bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the account and inspirational style to managing the team.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in the lifestyle category (culinary, luxury, fashion, music, travel and pop culture) successfully leveraging brand initiatives, entertainment partnerships, brand history/narrative and creative programming through PR and social media, generating measurable results against client goals.
Viable candidates can point to specific experience successfully leading their teams in the planning, development and execution of best-in-class, multi-channel PR programs including media relations, social media outreach, brand positioning, content development, talent engagement, budget management and client/account management.
PMK• BNC is a top Public Relations and Marketing firm operating within the entertainment and lifestyle arena. We are pioneers in the strategic development and use of nontraditional marketing solutions grounded in classic Public Relations. With offices in Los Angeles and New York, PMK• BNC executes brand-based strategic programs that integrate such core competencies as public relations, event marketing, digital and social media, celebrity/influencer marketing and outreach, product integration, sponsorships, promotion and total project management. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• Develop and lead reputation-building media strategies and thought-leadership plans and execute with little guidance
• Use creativity to help develop results-driven marketing and public relations programs that fit into the client's overall objectives
• Identify, develop and pitch stories that drive coverage and map to business goals
• Identify, build and grow relationships with media/influencers
• Drive strategic recommendations for ongoing outreach and relationship development
• Create and deliver client presentations and plans
• Research, understand, and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals
• Serve as client contact; proactively engage on issues
• Guide & train junior level staff
• Supervise writing and editing of media materials and provide direction to ensure quality control
• Educate senior staff on day-to-day business and account health
• Identify & create relationships that are mutually beneficial for the agency & clients
• Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
Required Experience and Skills:
• Track record of successfully developing media strategies, identifying story angles, developing press materials and securing top tier coverage for clients
• Strong media relation skills
• Exceptional judgment when working with media, team members, client contacts and vendors
• Successful in managing multiple short- and long-term plans simultaneously
• Experience engaging mid- to senior-level clients
• Strong leadership and team management skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations or Marketing preferred
• 6 years of media relations experience; large agency/client experience is a plus
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D