Full Time Job
• 5 years production experience using Houdini in film/commercials
• Strong experience in fluid dynamics (smoke, dust, water), RBD, cloth / FEM, particles
• Strong understanding of both physical and art directable dynamic motion
• Proficient knowledge in VEX or VOPs
• Solid knowledge in PBR Shading / Lighting in Mantra
• Solid sense of composition, light and color
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills and technical knowledge
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Good problem solving skills
• Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
• A demo reel showing a strong sense of realistic effects
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
• Assist artists with troubleshooting of shots.
• Support and work with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, Compositing, and Research and Development.
• Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
• Work closely with other Technical Directors, Production Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline.
• Assist in training and mentoring of other Entry Level and Associate Technical Directors
• Python scripting / HScript is a plus
• Basic understanding of multilayer compositing in Nuke
• Basic knowledge in other FX related software ( e.g. Marvelous Designer, SpeedTree, FumeFX )
• Basic knowledge in Maya, 3dsmax, ZBrush
• Linux experience
You will also be required to have a work permit and permission to live in Germany if you are a non-EU citizen.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online