Vice President, Human Resources
Full Time Job
Pixar's Vice President, Human Resources serves as a strategic HR leader for the Studio by acting as a senior advisor and trusted partner to the business and filmmaking process. Reporting directly to the President, Pixar Animation Studios, the Vice President, HR will drive key initiatives, design and execute a strong integrated HR strategy, and implement relevant and impactful HR practices for a highly creative, innovative, and dynamic Studio community. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong business acumen, significant Human Resource (HR) functional knowledge, and outstanding leadership in order to guide the development of HR strategies that will attract, develop and engage the breadth of talent required to support the creative success of Pixar Animation Studios.
• Responsible for leading Pixar's HR Function, including the ability to consult, coach, and influence senior executives, lead complex business initiatives, drive the creative process forward, and collaboratively partner at all levels to:
• Create and facilitate a culture where employees can bring their best to work every day and where the creative process can thrive.
• Develop strategies for optimizing people, processes, systems, and culture to accelerate business performance and drive engagement in a highly creative environment.
• Design and implement change and transition strategies to enable business growth and the creative process.
• Oversee the functions of compensation, benefits, employee relations, recruitment, learning, and child care for Pixar.
• Partner with Pixar executives to drive creative and business results by actively engaging in the development and execution of business and production strategies, while also integrating HR strategies.
• Facilitate the development of business strategies that build organizational focus, create efficiency and engagement, and drive creative and business results.
• Serve as a strategic business advisor to the President and executive team on key organizational and management issues.
• Coach business leaders on employee communication, development and performance management strategies, and tactics that promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth where employees can bring their best to work every day and thrive in the creative process.
• Partner with Pixar's Inclusion Strategies team to integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to employees, customers, consumers and partners that align to the broader company initiatives.
• Create and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management that includes defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions, forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent mobility and retention.
• Lead organization design activities to streamline and implement new organizational structures, roles, and/or processes that create efficiency and engagement in order to support the rapidly shifting business demand in a highly creative and dynamic environment.
• Design, implement, align, and maintain an effective and efficient HR team that continues to successfully support current and future business strategies and the creative process.
• Provide strong leadership to the HR team by encouraging diversity of thought, focusing on employee development and performance, ensuring teams continually acquire new skills and capabilities, and focusing on individual talent management.
• Continuously develop and lead a successful HR team that is positioned as credible, proactive, and trusted thought-partners that competently and effectively deliver core services and results.
• Develop collaborative partnerships within Pixar and Disney.
• Develop strong working partnerships with Inclusion Strategies, Communications, and Finance to deliver integrated solutions.
• Develop partnerships with HR functional teams in the Studios such as Compensation, Learning, Recruitment, and Employee Relations.
• 15 Years of HR generalist or related experience, ideally as a senior HR executive for a creative organization
• 8 Years in leading and developing HR professionals
• Demonstrated ability to effectively build creative strategies that drive engagement and motivation in a creative and production culture
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive, and contribute to overall strategic and business plans in a rapidly developing, changing, and creative environment
• Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies
• Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change
• Relevant experience driving complex org design and talent/change strategies that effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business and creative objectives
• Team player that quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders, partners, and employees
• Proven experience leading an effective, relevant HR team that delivers integrated business solutions, ideally in a creative environment
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions
• Knowledge of employment and labor law required
• Creative background in film, arts, and/or technology preferred
• Bachelor's degree required
• Master's Degree with emphasis in Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Business preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Finding Nemo,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' and ''Inside Out.'' Its movies have won 32 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $10 billion at the worldwide box office to date. ''Coco,'' Pixar's 19th feature, opened in theaters on November 22, 2017.
Pixar's objective is to combine proprietary technology and world-class creative talent to develop computer-animated feature films with memorable characters and heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.