Technical Director, Set Dressing
Full Time Job
• Construct architectural and organic looking models and environments, using both manual and procedural techniques
• Work with technical leads, review and revise work as necessary to gain Production Designer and Director approval
• Implement modeling and shading variations to provide objects the look that is required for the particular set and scenes being built
• Create clean and efficient assets and support downstream departments
• Bachelor's degree in film, a design-related major, computer science with graphics, or equivalent work experience
• A strong understanding of composition, form, physical motion, weight, balance and texture
• Experience with Linux, Maya or other 3D programs is preferred
• Excellent skills in communication, presentation, and time management
• Ability to structure and construct expansive, complex environments with attention to detail and efficiency
• Ability to follow art direction but also demonstrate initiative
• Ability to visualize a three-dimensional environment derived from two-dimensional drawings
• Ability to be self-motivated while working within a team structure
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.