Full Time Job
The Financial Analyst is responsible for handling complex production budgets and schedules, which in addition to the attention to detail, requires an understanding of the production pipeline. The position is responsible for the maintenance of the day-to-day financial operations of the production (feature film and related ancillary projects), while also providing ad hoc analytical support to the Producers and Production Staff. The Financial Analyst works with discretion and also acts as a liaison between Corporate Finance, Production Finance and the Producers, as well as with external agencies, including the outside payroll processor and various guilds and unions.
• Prepare bi-weekly Estimated Final Cost reports and relevant budget cost and variance analyses to present to the Producers. This includes accounting, forecasting and scheduling for a feature as well as related ancillary projects.
• Prepare and ensure proper completion of employment paperwork for voice and music talent recording sessions and process payments according to employment contracts and SAG rules.
• Update and review weekly production reports, tracking departmental progress against the production schedule and productivity assumptions. These reports are then presented to the Producers and studio leadership.
• Assist Associate Producer in securing staffing needs, ensuring compliance with studio staffing decisions, while also monitoring variances from departmental labor weeks budgets.
• Aid Production Manager and Department Managers in creating and maintaining reports for planning production flow, and department budgets.
• Manage the day-to-day costs of the production, including reviewing weekly payroll and film accounts payable.
• Liaise between Corporate Finance, Production Finance, and the Producers.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; or equivalent experience
• Minimum three years of accounting or finance experience
• Proven time management and multiple task management capabilities
• Oracle Financial Applications experience preferred
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to work with diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility, and reliability
• Ability to work independently and think critically, as well as part of a team, with little or only general instruction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced Excel skills