Human Resources Manager
Pip's IslandNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About the Opportunity:
As Pip's Island Human Resources Manager, you will play a pivotal role in building and championing our growing team. You are a generalist, and will work closely with Pip's Island senior management to support recruitment, develop HR policies and procedures, and support the team's administrative and compliance needs.
This position will be hands on, requires discretion in handling in-depth confidential information, and will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the entire organization. You will be key in managing the needs of a staff from a variety of backgrounds, and your past experience with producers, performers, visual artists, and marketing talent allows you to be a fantastic HR partner to all of our staff.
This role is well positioned for future professional growth. As Pip's Island expands its portfolio of locations in the US and globally, this role has the potential to grow rapidly into a senior HR role.
- Manage all aspects of human resources and employee relations:
- Develop and own a people strategy to support the brand and business goals
- Support company-wide recruitment planning and talent acquisition processes
- Working with the COO, guide HR policy development as our team grows and expands
- Support senior management team in defining and maintaining consistent company culture, and ensure that our policies match our values
- Work with Venue Manager and company management to ensure that labor union agreements and policies are being followed; support periodic labor union negotiations
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, and when required, conduct effective, fair and objective reviews
- Partner with senior managers to improve morale, work relationships and culture to positively impact employee retention, productivity and engagement
- Support talent development and performance management programs, such as mid-year and year-end reviews, using HR systems and other tools for an effective process
Manage all aspects of benefits tracking and compliance:
- Working with senior management to identify & implement standard HR systems
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of financial and legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees, focusing on compliance
- Maintain HR records and systems, ensure day-to-day HR needs (benefits administration & record keeping) are met and questions are answered in a timely manner
- Record keeper for all HR related inquiries, i.e. benefits, leave policies, workers comp and short-term disability filings, sexual harassment training and tracking
- Conduct employment verifications and handle unemployment claims
- Ensure company is in compliance with local, state and federal labor laws
- Manage all administrative tasks related to benefits
- 5-7 years total in an HR role, preferably with production companies, performing arts, attractions, special events, or retail
- Detailed knowledge of HR and benefits management systems
- Detailed knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws
- Demonstrated experience supporting large and diverse teams of retail, performing arts, technical crew, and other staff preferred
- Strong ability to build trusting & productive relationships
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and 401(k) plan
Pip's Island is a pioneer in the children's multi-channel media sector, striving to become the leading brand in immersive and interactive entertainment for children. We foster unique personal connections with children through live interactive experiences and build a world of fun & exploration wherever children go to play.
In early 2019, we are launching the first flagship location of our signature interactive show in Times Square. Building on the phenomenal success of our limited New York engagement in 2016, we are constructing a customized 15,000 square foot attraction that guides children ages 6-12 and their parents through an interactive adventure to Pip's Island.
Pip's Island does not discriminate on the basis race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pip's Island is strongly committed to hiring a diverse workforce, and applicants from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online