Pip's IslandNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Accounting Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Accounting Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Accounting Manager? About the Opportunity:
As Pip's Island Accounting Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the development of Pip's Island accounting systems and practices, and support sound budget tracking and financial management as we expand our operations. We are at an exciting time in the growth of the company - preparing to launch our flagship venue, and making plans for expansion of our operations into multiple forms of media, IP licensing, and partnership agreements. As we grow, we need to ensure financial systems are robust enough to support company operations, and pave the way for future growth.
In this role, you will help us lay foundations of our accounting systems to support the successful launch of our venue and associated ticket sales. In the first year, you will also help us set up and implement a robust ERP system that will serve as a foundation for future growth of the company.
This role is well positioned for rapid professional growth and is ideal for someone who is hungry to expand the scope of responsibility into strategic accounting. You will gain exposure to a venture funded business, have the opportunity to help us architect a financial operation that supports rapid expansion, and support additional fundraising activities.
Manage all aspects of financial tracking and compliance:
- Develop and own a financial tracking system strategy to support business goals
- Working with senior management to identify & implement standard financial tracking systems for use by senior management and finance staff
- Set up and maintain Quickbooks online account until we migrate into a long-term ERP system NetSuite
- Integrate our Purchase Order Systems, online sales and payroll into Quickbooks
- Prepare weekly cash flow accounts to compare to project budgets
- Work with operations and HR to ensure company is in compliance with local, state and federal labor laws
- Devote two days/week bookkeeping management for the next 6 months, transitioning this responsibility to a full-time bookkeeper as we expand our finance team
Support Implementation of Permanent ERP System:
- Support company senior management to manage a 3rd party NetSuite ERP implementation team as they set up our accounting environment
- Coordinate planning, scheduling, and meetings to ensure that ERP implementation happens smoothly and efficiently
- Manage and maintain ongoing Accounting and ERP environment
- 3-5 years of total experience in Accounting and Managerial Accounting, with experience in media, attractions, live performance, and/or retail sectors
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- NetSuite experience a plus and preferred
- Experience with ERP systems planning and implementation preferred