Podcast Audio Design Editor
Pilgrim Media GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Title: Audio Design Editor
Department: Lionsgate Sound - Podcast Division
Direct Supervisor: SVP, Original Programming, Head of Documentary and Audio Content
General Summary: The Audio Design Editor is responsible for the editing, mixing, and sound design of podcast production. The position works with the Audio Producer and Head of Audio Content in designing and executing the unique audio experience of podcasts.
• Utilize necessary software to mix and master podcasts, both fiction and non-fiction.
• Able to promptly analyze and prioritize potential issues with the creative vision while recording, and effectively communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the staff necessary adjustments to creative.
• Collaborate with the Audio Producer and Head of Audio Content to build the desired artistic vision for the finished podcast.
• Oversee the technical aspects including mixing and editing of audio to achieve daily goals of podcast production.
• Create unique sound designs, either with original composition or sourced audio content, for use in podcast suite.
• Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and a methodical approach to ensure timely delivery of mixes and masters for supervisor review.
• Support and troubleshoot studio, remote, and field recording workflows and tools.
• Manage and maintain equipment and project files for each podcast, and well as support file sharing systems for the team.
• Minimum 4-6 years of audio editing, sound design, or related experience.
• Extensive understanding of the podcast industry.
• Ambitious and passionate about immersive sound and pushing the boundaries of the listener experience.
• Visual editing experience is advantageous.
• Appropriately handle stress and maintain overall composure despite varied responsibilities and changing priorities.
• Able to closely and aurally review small details.
• Potential physical exposure to various climate and weather conditions if recording in the field.
• Fast-paced office environment with demanding hours.
• May require travel depending on production.
• Office and fieldwork potentially required; fieldwork may require exposure to various climate and weather conditions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or other protected characteristics, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, when and as required by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online