Night Assistant Editor
Picture HeadHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Provides support and backup for Editorial workflow during the post production process.
Please note that this is a Night position. Shift start times range from 10:00p - 2:00a.
• Supports Editorial staff
• Captures and digitizes tape and file-based media
• Adheres to facility's organizational structure for shared projects
• Overcuts various projects with speed and accuracy
• Tracks a variety of source material, including VFX shots, dailies, etc.
• Masters to client specifications, including tape-based layoffs and file creation using compression and encoding standards
• Performs other tasks as assigned by Editors, Post Production Supervisors and Technical Operations staff
• Must be proficient in Avid with great knowledge of various digital file formats and tape-based workflows.
• AE must possess fine attention to detail, specifically regarding media management and project management.
• Experience with post production as it relates to feature marketing and MPAA restrictions.
• AE should be a team player able to prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines.
• Should display a creative sensibility towards editorial tasks and problem-solving.
• Must possess 1-2 years of professional Avid experience.
• Working knowledge of FCP is a plus.
• Solid background in a post-production facility.
• Must possess 1-2 years of professional Avid experience; other editing platforms and compositing a plus.
• High School education or equivalent required.
• BA/BS in applicable field preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 1-2 years of post/Avid experience.
FT positions include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life & Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance, PTO
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online