Administrative Assistant To General Counsel and EVP
Phoenix MercuryPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant will be responsible for performing high-level administrative and project coordination for the General Counsel and the EVP, Chief Financial Officer of the Suns & GM of Mercury. This includes but is not limited to answering phones, scheduling; managing calendars; planning, coordinating and preparing for meetings including Sr. Manager monthly meetings and events. This also includes scheduling travel through the company system; processing expense reports; and maintaining a department supply inventory. Coordinating project plans, action steps and communication.
Primary (Essential) Duties
• Responsible for performing high-level administrative and project coordination for two senior executives: General Counsel and the EVP, Chief Financial Officer of the Suns & GM of Mercury. This includes but is not limited to answering phones, scheduling; managing calendars; planning, coordinating and preparing for meetings including Sr. Manager monthly meetings and events
• Make independent decisions and judgments on areas of responsibility with limited supervision, including management of vendors, representation of the company at various events, purchase of necessary department equipment, and creation and dissemination of various communications
• Schedule travel for CFO, General Counsel, Mercury and Finance Vice Presidents through the company system; processing expense reports; and maintaining a department supply inventory
• Manage different and often conflicting schedules, projects or activities
• Order and process game tickets as required and coordinating project plans, action steps and communication
• Assist General Counsel and Paralegal with obtaining signatures, scanning, saving, and distributing all legal document
• Assist with organization of Legal and Financial departments' archives
• Assist General Manager with communication with Mercury Vice Presidents, coaches, trainer and equipment manager, and players as needed
• Training and back-up for other administrative assistants and receptionists
• Participation on company committees, taking meeting notes as directed
• Take on special projects and drives them to completion
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
• Must be high energy, very detail-oriented, intuitive, a self-starter, diplomatic, have the ability to manage projects, and work with minimal supervision
• This person represents the senior leaders of the company and so must possess high levels of professionalism, discretion in handling confidential information, have demonstrated problem solving, prioritization and organizational experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to appropriately prioritize workload, as well as demonstrate flexibility and poise when responding to unanticipated events
• This position requires strong MS Office with an emphasis on Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Ability to make independent decisions on issues that impact the company and President
• Ability to create and develop clear, effective reports, presentations and communications for a wide variety of audiences
• Minimum of 5 years' experience assisting a Sr. level Executive
• NBA knowledge or previous experience supporting an NBA Executive preferred
• Previous experience supporting multiple Sr. Executives a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Traditional work schedule to include occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet business needs.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
• How did you hear about this job?
• Please share salary requirements. Be specific.