Intern - Bilingual Mental Skills
Philadelphia PhilliesPhiladelphia, PA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Bilingual Mental Skills Intern (2019 Season)
Position Requested: Bilingual Mental Skills Intern (2019 Season)
Job Class: Organizational Intern
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports To: Mental Skills Coach
The Phillies are seeking qualified candidates for a Bilingual Mental Skills Intern for their Mental Skills department. This internship will run from February-October of 2019.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
• Qualified applicants MUST be fluent in Spanish, with Spanish as first language preferred.
• Educational background to include either a completed Master's or Ph.D in a psychology field or current enrollment in such a program.
• AASP certification is appreciated, but not required.
• While playing experience is not necessary, familiarity, understanding of, and passion for the game of baseball is expected.
• Intern must be willing to relocate to and be based at The Phillies' Spring Training Complex in Clearwater, FL for the term of the internship.
• Duties include implementing The Phillies' Mental Skills program for Spanish-speaking players in their first years in professional baseball.
• The majority of this work will take place in Clearwater with occasional visits to The Phillies' DR Academy.
• Intern will report directly to The Phillies' Mental Skills Coaches and work closely with the entire player development department.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
The Phillies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• How did you hear about this job?