Sales & Sponsorship Coordinator
Peoria Sports ComplexPeoria, AZ
Full Time Job
Sales & Sponsorship Coordinator - Spring Training
The Peoria Sports Complex is a Major League Baseball Spring Training and player development facility shared by the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners. The Sports Complex's stadium and 12 additional full sized baseball fields are utilized year-round for each team's player development systems, Arizona Fall League, international baseball teams and by local and national youth and adult baseball tournaments and championships. The complex is also host to a variety of events such as concerts, , car and RV shows, 5K races, fundraisers and city sponsored special events such as Halloween, Easter and July 4th.
The purpose of this position is to lead coordination of all marketing opportunities, sponsor partnerships, community relations and participate in coordination of group sales and event sales for Peoria Sports Complex related community facilities and recreation programs of the Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities Department. Facilitates all necessary components of sales and sponsorships with an emphasis on spring training and special events, such as identifying prospects and leads, researching and evaluating strategies, developing new categories and inventory, boosting group and corporate outing sales, and executing activation fulfillment and developing promotions. Other priorities include conducting market research, planning and developing programs, philosophies and strategies for community facilities and recreation programs. Additional duties include providing event supervision and coordinating Sports Complex user events.
This is full time, year-round, salaried, and benefited position is based at Peoria Sports Complex. The regular work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm though scheduled shifts may vary widely and be based on the season and event schedule (including nights, weekends and holidays).
• Builds sponsor relationships by soliciting new sponsors, maintaining current sponsors, keeping records, drafting and negotiating contracts, managing inventories, reporting revenues and assisting with collections.
• Assists group sales relationships by pursuing new group and corporate outings, maintaining current groups, identifying and coordinating best practices for guest experience with food service, amenities and presentation.
• Coordinates event organization by orchestrating pregame ceremonies, developing game and PA scripts and electronic messages, promotions, sponsored game day elements and pre-game/in-game entertainment and facilitating sponsor access. Assists with event supervision. Leads the hiring, training and supervision of the seasonal interns to assist in sponsor fulfillment and game presentation.
• Leads in the development and coordination of marketing plans, print collateral materials, promotional products, community relations, public information and market research for the sports complex and related community facilities and recreation programs
• Assists in the development and proofing of collateral materials including, but not limited to pocket schedules, season ticket, group ticket, and catering brochures.
• Participates in budget related activities by projecting sales revenues and expenditures, researching operational enhancements, processing invoices and payment collection efforts.
• Manage other duties and events as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimum of three years related experience. Requires a working knowledge of ticketing practices, equipment and procedures. A valid Arizona Drivers License is required upon hire. Knowledge of sponsorship sales, marketing campaigns and event production/facilitation is preferred. Must have ability to communicate effectively with the public in a professional manner and to be detail oriented, organized and multi-task in fast paced environment. Proven written and verbal communication skills and advanced computer skills.
• How did you hear about this job?