Intern - Special Events/PR
Peggy Siegal CompanyNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Peggy Siegal Company is seeking a highly self-motivated, thick-skinned, detail oriented, team player to add to our internship program. This would start immediately and require a commitment of 3-6 months. This is an unpaid internship but count towards college credit. The right candidate needs to be familiar with the entertainment industry, upcoming films and today's hottest and up-and-coming brands. We are looking for someone who has an enthusiastic attitude and ready to work hard.
- 0-1 year background in Event Planning & PR preferred
- Proven ability to work with a well known clientele or executives and interact professionally with VIP contacts
- Availability 2-3 days a week 10am- 6pm
- Must be available to work nights & weekends as well as nights on your days off (on days we have events)
- Must have an understanding of Microsoft Office
- Bonus if you have worked with large databases maintaining information
- Must be creative, team player, and very organized
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be proactive and willing to take initiative
Assisting senior staff in the planning & orchestrating of events including: film premieres, after parties, special screenings, cocktail parties, & media luncheons.
Assisting the CEO's office with various tasks
Supporting the Director of Operations with various ongoing projects
Working all company events - helping escort talent on red carpets and/or checking in guests
Event support on various production details
Checking phone messages and searching for press breaks
Providing administrative support & maintain large database of client information
Creating photo tip sheets & press packet
Answering telephones in a courteous & timely manner
Receiving messages & follow up with clients for senior staff members
The Peggy Siegal Company is a high profile boutique public relations and red carpet events firm that deals with film premieres, screenings, luncheons, dinners, receptions and intimate tastemaker events. Some awesome projects we've worked on include Beauty and the Beast, All I See Is You, Wonderstruck, Stronger, Get Out and HBO's Spielberg Documentary . We've also worked on TV series such as Netflix's Ozark, and FX's Feud . We cover events such as The Tribeca Film Festival and The New York Film Festival, and regularly team up with FOX, Paramount, A24, Netflix, and many more!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online