Manager of Development
Pearl StudioNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager of Development - NYC, US
• Finding and evaluating original pitches and IP for feature animation projects
• Creating and developing original ideas internally
• Contributing to all active company projects and getting involved both logistically and creatively in their development and production
• Writing notes and working with writers to develop and advance projects on the Pearl slate
• Sourcing writers and directors for open assignments, and working with them to develop takes for projects on the Pearl slate
• Coordinating and executing other company initiatives and projects
• Developing and maintaining contacts and relationships within the filmmaking creative community.
• Developing and maintaining contacts and relationships with agents and managers
• Working experience in animated/live action feature film/TV industry
• Strong knowledge of the global entertainment market
• Strong contacts with agents, managers and writers
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Self-motivated and takes strong initiative. Ability to work independently and drive initiatives.
• Also able to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Excitement at being a member of an international team, and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate various time zones
• Upbeat, positive, and strong dedication to the job. Happy to work extended hours and do what it takes to get it done
• Passion for family-oriented films
• Passion for animation
• We're all about the work - not about the politics - you should like your work culture that way too
• Proficiency in Mandarin a plus
• At least 2 years of experience at an executive level in creative development
• A Bachelor of Arts degree from a four-year college/university
Pearl Studio is one of the world's leading creators of animated film entertainment for the global family market. The studio is currently in production on ''Abominable'' (a co-production with DreamWorks Animation) to be released worldwide through Universal Pictures in September 2019. In addition, Pearl Studio is also currently producing ''Over the Moon'' (a co-production with Netflix) to be released worldwide in 2020.
Headquartered in Shanghai with branches in New York and Los Angeles, the studio is backed by a CMC Capital Partners-led consortium. Pearl Studio is focused on Animation Film Production, Copyright Operations, Ancillary Businesses (Merchandising, Joint Promotion, Interactive Entertainment and Location Based Entertainment) and Digital Content. The company was previously operated as a Joint Venture known as Oriental DreamWorks, which co-produced the first American-Chinese animated co-production KUNG FU PANDA 3, which generated more than $500M in Worldwide Box Office revenues and was one of the most successful animated films ever released in China.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online