Fall Intern - Dcg Packaging Designer
Parks, Experiences and ProductsGlendale, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/2/2020 5:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Intern - Dcg Packaging Designer jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Fall Intern - Dcg Packaging Designer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Fall Intern - Dcg Packaging Designer? Job Summary:
DCG - Packaging Designer Internship, CA Fall 2020
The Packaging Strategy & Approvals (PSA) team with Disney Creative Group (DCG) designs and reviews branding & packaging for all Disney (Mickey, Princess, etc.) & Disney/Pixar branded licensed products under the Disney Parks, Experiences & Products (DPEP) segment -- approximately 61,000 pieces of packaging yearly. The PSA team works on packaging from initial concepts through final production samples, including reviewing in the OPA (Online Product Approval) system. The PSA team collaborates closely with internal teams and works directly with the licensees to provide direction and solve design challenges on a daily basis.
Make a Difference…
The intern will learn about the packaging process from start to finish, and may get to see some of their designs actually go into production. The intern position will support the manager of Apparel (toddler thru adult), Accessories (jewelry, hats, glasses, & watches), and Canada packaging (home hard goods and soft goods). The intern creates co-branded logos, 3D mock ups, designs trend & inspiration boards, as well as assists with branding guide creation & layout. The intern also supports the larger team by designing custom packaging across many categories of product (toys, consumables, etc.). Design projects can include creating concepts for pitches & road shows, as well as creating special packaging for co-branded halo partnerships & retail specific programs. The intern conducts daily apparel checks by reviewing apparel samples to ensure the correct branding is being used. Intern will support reviewing licensee packaging submissions in the OPA system to ensure they are meeting Disney guidelines.
Make an impact that truly matters by…
• Creating logos, snipes, 3D mock ups, trend & inspiration boards, assisting with branding guide creation & layout
• Reviewing submissions in OPA (Online Product Approval) system to ensure it is meeting Disney guidelines; providing feedback and direction through overlays
• Reviewing apparel samples to ensure the correct branding is being used
• Participating in licensee meetings and communicating directly with licensees through email & phone calls
These are the minimum requirements for the role:
• Strong computer skills including experience in the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Keynote
• An enthusiastic and positive ''can do'' attitude that's eager to dive in, learn & grow their skillset
• Creative thinker & problem solver
• Someone who is pro-active, self-motivated/self-managed, and driven
• Ability to handle several projects simultaneously & work against a deadline(s)
• Stay up-to-date with current trends: packaging, design, retail, fashion, etc.
• Previous intern/professional experience in related field
• Passion for the Disney brand
• Junior, Senior, or Master's Student pursuing a degree in graphic design or related field; or a recent grad (within 6 months)
• outlining all of your required qualifications
• Submitted via URL link on resume; no PDF uploads or other submission formats accepted
• Showcasing your strong graphic design, typography skills, creative thinking, conceptual design & storytelling
• Highlighting your favorite/best 3-5 pieces
To upload your resume:
• Log into your dashboard
• Click the second tab ''Applications''
• Select ''Submitted Applications''
• Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the resume
• Click the ''Add Files'' button
• Under what do you want to add, select Resume
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Resume
• At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
This internship takes place in Glendale/Burbank, California. Interns must provide their own housing.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.