Senior Manager, Strategic Planning & Business Development
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Strategic Planning & Business Development is responsible for developing, evaluating and executing strategic business opportunities for Paramount related to its existing lines of business as well as potential new business areas for the studio. In addition, the Sr. Manager will work to identify and analyze trends and industry developments that will impact Paramount’s core business and formulate strategies for addressing changes in the business. Does this sound like the role for you? Apply today! Additional responsibilities to include:
• Identifying new strategic opportunities across all media and platforms on a worldwide basis, developing viable business models and performing strategic analysis to evaluate opportunities.
• Closely collaborating with operating groups to implement new business initiatives.
• Analyzing key industry trends and maintaining knowledge of Paramount’s competitive positioning.
• Developing strategies to address key industry changes and working across the organization to help execute on those objectives.
• Helping provide strategic direction and vision for the organization.
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations and scripts to brief senior management on new opportunities and strategic business decisions as well as briefings and presentations to the ViacomCBS board and third-parties.
• Driving relationship building process at multiple levels between partner and Paramount, including at the senior executive level.
• Working with multiple divisions of ViacomCBS on cross-company projects.
• Helping to manage Paramount’s case competition MBA interns.
• 5 years experience in the media/film entertainment industry, business/corporate development, investment banking or management consulting.
• Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills.
• Ability to drive insight from raw data and/or when evaluating unfamiliar industries/companies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to develop and make presentations to senior management as well as review, draft and edit contracts.
• Ability to multitask and work effectively under daily time constraints.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA strongly desired.
• Consulting and/or banking background/M&A experience a plus.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills.
• Working knowledge of film economics and accounting desired.
• Strong desire to be hands-on: collaborate with teams, manipulate data, apply innovative approaches, summarize and story-tell, and move the business to action.
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.