PanavisionWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work well in a team, interface with clients and prospective clients, anticipate their needs, resolve their problems, and follow through to provide exceptional service. The position also involves frequent communication with Light Iron's staff and clients, so a good candidate will have an approachable and friendly demeanor. Finally, the ideal candidate must be committed to quality and have a passion for creating a creative and warm environment.
• HR Systems Administration (Payroll, HRIS, Benefits, 401k) to include required processing and weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting as well as ensuring that system rules match current practices and policies and are compliant with state and federal requirements
• Project Management of the implementation of benefits, performance management, onboarding, recruitment and compensation capabilities within the HRIS system
• Work with EVP, HR on global HR system initiatives
• Planning, budgeting and forecasting HRIS needs and applications. Maintain awareness of vendor plans and the potential impact of those plans on current and future HRIS functionality; will review impending business issues that will have a direct impact on the HRIS and provide management with an assessment of the HRIS impact, scheduling considerations and other information required for a complete business case.
• Promote proactive approaches using the HRIS to solve business needs/problems, while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities. Based on business need; negotiate priorities and support requirements with the IT Department, functional staff at the field locations, and others as appropriate.
• Build project plans, ensure adherence to project schedules, maintain a systems orientation and work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and conduct long-term planning.
• Serve as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional area and assist subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
• Drive the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintain HRIS system tables and documentation of processes.
• Liasion with other departments and IT regarding system changes, employee directory information
• Provide support for HRIS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
• Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
• Assist with system requirements and integration with any company acquisitions or dispositions
• Audit of system processes for accuracy and oversight of data and data entry
• Working with EVP, HR on management of HR budget on monthly basis to ensure operating within annual budget.
• Assist Payroll with the administration of the annual merit review process as required
• Back-up for Payroll processing to include 401k processing and administration
• Assist in the delivery of system related training programs as required
• Responsible for documentation of HR processes and ensuring that forms and practices are compliant and consistent
• Travel to other offices and additional projects as necessary
• Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience, preferably in mid to large sized companies with multi-state operations
• Prior experience with being the point person with hands on implementation of Payroll and HR systems to include experience with management of system interfaces
• Prior experience working with Payroll and HR systems to include data entry and system configuration
• Ability to effectively interact with senior management as well as employees at all levels within the organization
• Project Management skills to include ability to manage a project from inception to completion
• Strong customer service focus
• Prior experience in areas of HRIS and HR Administration
• Results-Oriented, Detail Oriented and Deadline focused.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Prior experience in media, entertainment or technology organizations preferred.
• Prior experience with union populations preferred.
• Ability to be flexible and thrive in a constantly-changing work environment, with changing priorities
• BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field required, HR Certification a plus
• Prior experience working with Payroll, Benefits, HR and 401k systems required; experience with ADP workforce now a plus
• Strong knowledge of Federal and State employment/labor law
• International HR experience a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint,Outlook
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please no calls or drop offs. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online