HD Camera Service Technician
PanavisionNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Service, repair, refurbish HD camera equipment and accessories to the required standards of safety, functionality, and presentation in the shortest possible timescales. To work following departmental processes/procedures in an effective, efficient and productive manner with the minimum of direct supervision.
• Perform service checks and minor repair of cameras, lenses and accessories.
• Assist in the daily transfer of equipment from receiving to service, and service to storage.
• Identify equipment problems and determine appropriate action: service, minor repair, and return to head office for major repair or refurb, return to vendor for major repair or refurb.
• Work with Camera Service Manager to assign priority and ensure that the appropriate equipment is ready to rent.
• Keep track of all shortages and report weekly to management. This data is used to determine replenishment needs and to ensure that complete kits are available for clients.
• Examine, clean, test and perform basic adjustments of equipment. Dismantle; identify defects or damage; and effectively service equipment dependent on technical aptitude as determined by company training program and supervisor.
• Carry out checks to ensure cleanliness and correct equipment presentation.
• Perform necessary information system transactions in order to maintain inventory accuracy.
• Use available systems and information to prioritize equipment moving through service. Equipment should be serviced in the appropriate amount of time. Work closely with Manager to balance resources to meet business demands, and achieve process measurements
• Equipment processed by the Technician has been: fully serviced, tested and inspected to the defined specification, has reached the expected quality level in terms of appearance and is fully operational and available for immediate use by our Customers.
• To identify, clearly communicate to Manager and isolate any equipment that has been severely ''Damaged'' or has major parts ''Missing'' which require the immediate filing of a Damage Report.
• Working knowledge of specifications and applications of equipment housed at Panavision NY, including operation, service, and repair procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of electronics, advanced knowledge of digital repair procedures, and working knowledge of blueprints, parts lists, and schematics.
• Proper use of hand tools, shop fixtures, and materials.
• Basic understanding of camera theory.
• Clear understanding of set call procedures and etiquette.
• Focus on delighting customer
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
• General working knowledge of Panavision's equipment and inventory
• Strong computer skills
• Knowledge of common camera rental practices
• Ability to facilitate communication between departments
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to remain flexible toward change
• Ability to work under pressure with strict time constraints and maintain high performance standards and output
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a warehouse environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please no calls or drop offs. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online