Pac 12 NetworksRemote, US
Full Time Job
The Remote Technology Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of all remote production technical facilities for the 850 remote sports events broadcast on Pac-12 Networks. In addition to the remote technology responsibilities, the Remote Technology Manager will serve as a spokesperson and consultant to above/below the line crew, Unit Managers, school facilities, the Conference, outside facilities, and any other entity requiring technical resources. Ideally, this position is based in San Francisco but will consider remote candidates.
• Responsible for all technical aspects of 850 live, remote linear broadcasts on Pac-12 Networks.
• Work closely with the Senior Director, Remote Operations on all aspects of technical production.
• Provide accurate budgeting for all technical aspects of remote production.
• Acquire bids for current and new technology on our remote broadcasts.
• Recommend production enhancements while taking into consideration the effects and costs of all related decisions.
• Manage the purchase or rentals of all equipment outside of the standard truck compliments.
• Act as a technical broadcast consultant for all Pac-12 Universities regarding venue upgrades, connectivity, temporary TV compounds, camera positions, and all other related decisions affection our coverage of live sports.
• Provide technical surveys for all venues outside of the Conference universities where Pac-12 events take place.
• Manage the current Unit Managers on all technical aspects of our shows and provide bi-monthly communication regarding changes or updates to Networks coverage.
• Screen, train, and assist in the hiring of new Unit Managers in all Pac-12 Conference markets.
• Present and implement new technology or changes in policy/protocol to all Networks staff and contracted freelancers.
• Work directly with the Conference staff on all technical matters.
• Oversee Cable Management team for all venues and provide improvement recommendations to appropriate staff.
• Work directly with campus Asset Managers to maintain or replace current inventory.
• Respond to technical issues listed in the show reports and follow up with any questions that arise.
• Support the traveling production teams on all technical aspects of major events including football, basketball and all championships.
• Act as the Technical Manager for A-level football, basketball, championships, and all other events requiring increased support.
• Mentor student crew and provide recommendations for promotion opportunities.
• Attend all required meetings, in person and on the phone, for Pac-12 Networks remote production.
• Work closely with Production Managers, Mobile Unit/Facilities Scheduler, Engineering staff, and Crewers to support technical production.
• Provide detailed, weekly reports on all aspects of remote technology.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in remote event technical operations, preferably sports event operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of current technical equipment and technology involved in the production of live sports events for a 24/7 sports network (TX facilities, remote production units, audio, video, GFX, etc.).
• Experience in managing remote engineering staff members, scheduling, supervising, technical problem solving within budgetary guidelines.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written communication skills.
• Sports event production budget managing experience preferred.
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and the ability to interact with different levels of management and teams.
• Ability to manage effectively numerous projects simultaneously while under tight deadlines.
• Must be able to work weekends during all times of the year.
• Must be able to travel (up to 75%)
• Passionate about Pac-12 sports.