Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
The Studio Technical Director reports to the Senior Director of Studio Operations and works closely with production and engineering and is responsible for final product output of studio broadcasts to Network specifications. Prospective candidates must have experience in both studio and remote live multi-camera productions and perform duties in order to technical direct all aspects of daily and weekly sports broadcasts
• Executing error-free commands for camera cuts, effects, graphics, and takes; Creating & executing video transitions and special effects; Checking and switching between video sources during the broadcast
• Participate in the days' production plan, building any necessary effects and coordinating with the Director, Producer and the rest of the technical operators.
• Maintain and operate equipment: Testing and troubleshooting equipment functionality issues; reporting issues and ensuring repairs are made in a timely manner; Operating equipment to produce and broadcast live studio programs and live programs from remote locations.
• Perform other duties as directed by Senior Director of Studio Operations which may include assisting in the production of various program elements, as well as direct and technical direct additional programs.
• Four-year degree in television or related field or demonstrated equivalent professional experience
• Minimum 5 years of TD experience in major market broadcast television production for television newscasts, live or taped special events/sports and programming.
• Ability to supervise and/or independently set up and operate a control room and studio in order to facilitate productions and to switch fast-paced live programs with multiple live studio camera shots, external and internal video feeds, graphics, audio, and other content.
• Must be flexible, capable of handling multiple assignments, work well under pressure, thrive under tight deadlines.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible schedules including evenings, overnights, and most weekends and holidays
• Must possess an acute visual sense, strong leadership, and organizational skills, and be self-motivated.
• Applicant must have experience with SONY switchers – ideally 7000, Sony HD cameras and digital effects, enterprise media asset management systems, Windows and Mac based computer applications, routers and light dimmers. Experience with Evertz, Abekas, Chyron, Camio, Luci, ISQ, Ross Carbonite, and Dalet is a plus.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor and Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.