Senior Motion Graphic Artist
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Working closely with the Creative Director, clients and other artists. Daily responsibilities include providing high-quality graphics, both animated and static, for a range of mediums including but not limited to video, digital and print. He/she also provides creative concepts and strategies for both marketing campaigns and show broadcasts. Success will be measured by lead-time per project, quality of work and client satisfaction both internal and external. This position works closely with Production, Sales, Marketing, and Affiliate departments.
• Provide conceptual thinking and implementation of both marketing and broadcast graphics.
• Design, animate and finish high-quality graphics, motion and static for show and promo packages, IDs and insert graphics.
• Aid in the conceptualizing of all brand assets needed including internal and b2b ie. stationary, presentation designs, style guides.
• Assist in the development of junior-level designers and productions artists both in the design process and their design skills.
• Provide feedback on artwork and timelines to help ensure assets are delivered on time as well as to our quality standards.
• Take ownership of projects; seeing them through to the project’s completion
• Develop unique ideas and approaches to traditional broadcast methods, pushing the boundaries of what sports networks can, have, and traditionally do.
• Create brand-based, dynamic 3d and 2d graphics, animated and static utilizing Cinema 4d and Adobe Creative Suite
• Assist in day-to-day/nightly graphics needs for live-broadcast show environments
• Participate in brainstorming sessions for shows, on-air promotion campaigns, and marketing directives
• Style frame and Storyboard to develop visual style concepts
• Ability to remain detail-oriented even under stressful and tight deadlines
• Proactive and effective communication with excellent problem-solving skills
• Be a team player that believes collaboration creates better work
• Other duties as assigned by Creative Director
• Bachelor's Degree in Art, Design, Television, an industry related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years of art direction and motion graphic experience. (Broadcast, post-production, studio, agency or related industry a plus)
• Strong understanding of the design process.
• Expert in Cinema 4d and Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Strong aptitude in design, typography, and illustration
• Excellent Demo Reel and Portfolio (website based)
• Ability to prioritize under tight time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans
• Proficiency with Google Suite applications
• Knowledge of digital media industry including online, TV everywhere, mobile, tablets and other emerging technologies a plus