Media Asset Coordinator
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Media Asset Coordinator (Freelance)
Pac-12 Networks is seeking a freelance Media Asset Coordinator to join our Production team in San Francisco, focused on video asset management. This position is responsible for asset workflows across Pac-12 Remote production. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager - Production and focuses on the strong organization of assets and taxonomies within production projects, and develop process and best practices for remote and studio workflows.
The preferred candidate will be detail oriented and have knowledge of live television production, with an expertise in asset or digital content management. This role requires excellent project management skills, strategic thinking and problem-solving, and strong communication skills.
This person will be an organized self-starter who works well under tight deadlines, with the ability to work across several teams to continually help users, document process, and represent team feedback for software and hardware improvements. Additionally, this candidate will have demonstrated success in developing asset management processes or systems, file conventions, and metadata structures.
The duration of this position is from August 2018 - July 2019 and will approximately 20-40 hours per week.
• Primary responsibility is to work with remote production staff, video editors and digital librarians to build efficient workflows, and strategize with technical resources to implement and improve digital asset management software and hardware
• Learn and use repeatable, streamlined media asset management processes, but with a special emphasis on implementing Pac-12 Network’s integrated MAM systems on a “quick turnaround based” basis
• Use of MAM systems, EVS XFile and Dalet DMS
• Use of video editing systems, Adobe Premiere CC and Dalet Timeline
• Develop strong knowledge of asset management practices within direct attached storage volumes and cloud-based asset management systems
• Work with various video and audio file formats, image and RAW formats, and metadata management
• Project management skill including technical documentation, organizing development timelines, data migration schedules, and team communication
• Possibly work with Programming, Media Management, and BITS departments to successfully deliver file-based assets on deadline
• 2 years of enterprise-level asset management or digital content management, or similar role at production companies or design studios
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to work “off” hours i.e. late night, weekends
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty and fans
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud applications, preferably Adobe Premiere
• Preferable knowledge or equivalent experience on EVS applications- XFile, IPDirector, XTAccess
• Preferable knowledge or equivalent experience on Apple and PC hardware
• Prior work experience in sports television or studio television production is preferred
• Strong problem identification and reporting skills
• Passionate about Collegiate Sports, particularly Pac-12 Sports