Junior Video Editor / Producer
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Junior Video Editor/Producer (Freelance)
Pac-12 Networks is seeking a freelance Junior Video Editor/Producer who will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Post Production and is responsible for creating and maintaining the integrity of Pac-12 Enterprises' video content throughout the editorial environment.
• Primary responsibility is to help in the creation as well as delivery of content necessary for live broadcast, post-produced programming, and Social Platforms, specializing in craft editing such as short-form highlights, features, promos, and long-form programs.
• Use of video editing systems, Adobe Premiere CC and Dalet Timeline, to create program content.
• Learn and use repeatable, streamlined editing processes, with a special emphasis on implementing Pac-12 Networks integrated edit system that is “quick turnaround based” within MAM system.
• Ability to own projects from inception to completion.
• Handle and incorporate content elements provided by Creative Services. Use these content elements according to Network Brand and Style guidelines with direction from Sr. Director of Post Production.
• Work with other editors and producers necessary to support Social Platforms, live studio and post-production programming, i.e. in-game editing using video editing systems.
• Participate in the delivery of isolated content directly from studio feeds during off-air and live events.
• Occasional ENG assigned travel to capture footage with basic Videography and transmission.
• Minimum 1-2 years of prior work experience in studio television production or sports television or digital media industry.
• Familiarity with editing software (Adobe Premiere CC, Photoshop and After Effects).
• Videography skills a plus.
• Ability to work “game-day” hours and days i.e. late night, weekends, possibly overnight.
• Background in editing and media management.
• Ability to efficiently handle post production projects with multiple episodes and extended timelines.
• Strong problem identification and reporting skills.
• Portfolio of relevant editing projects.
• Passionate about Collegiate Sports, particularly Pac-12 Sports.
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and the ability to interact with different levels of management and teams.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans.
• Ability to tell a story with rhythm; explicit attention to detail.