Intern - Networks Legal
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Pac-12 legal internship will provide a qualified 2L or 3L student with the opportunity to receive extensive training from experienced legal professionals in the sports media industry. The Pac-12 legal intern reports to the General Counsel and SVP, Business Affairs, of the Pac-12 Conference, and he/she will work closely with and be supervised by the Pac-12 Networks legal team. The legal intern will be exposed to a wide variety of legal issues impacting collegiate sports and the business of sports media and will be trained in and assist in the day-to-day legal and business affairs of a growing multimedia company.
The Pac-12 legal internships have summer, fall, and spring programs. Please specify on your cover letter which program you are interested in.
The internship is either a paid or unpaid internship, depending on the intern’s preference, his/her ability to obtain course credit, and his/her law school’s policies and practices regarding internships. Unpaid interns will not be eligible to receive any Pac-12 Conference or Pac-12 Networks’ benefits. Internship and course credit will be coordinated through the intern’s law school.
The legal intern will not be entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship.
• Developing basic legal skills with a focus on real-world application
• Assisting in both Pac-12 Conference and Pac-12 Networks legal matters
• Conducting legal research and prepare memoranda on a wide variety of sports and entertainment related topics, including, but not limited to: intellectual property, telecommunications, labor and employment, social media, privacy, NCAA compliance, contest and sweepstakes, advertising and on-air promotions, student-athlete health and safety, marketing and sponsorship
• Assisting in the drafting and negotiating of contracts and the preparation of internal and external correspondence
• Participating in legal and other department meetings and training sessions
• Other areas as assigned by the Pac-12 General Counsel and SVP, Business Affairs, or the Pac-12 Networks legal team
• Second or third-year law student
• Excellent academic credentials
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Passionate about Pac-12 sports
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
• Knowledge of sports television and/or digital media industry
• Former Pac-12 student, either undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans