Pac 12 NetworksRemote, US
Full Time Job
At the Pac-12, we love sports and technology! Join our team and you’ll get to work on innovative and creative products that drive the next generation of sports streaming at the Conference of Champions. Can you take our Android app to the next level? We are looking for an Android developer with exceptional video experience, who will be responsible for leading the development, maintenance, and integrations of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Developers on our team have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products.
• Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
• Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java and/or Kotlin code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
• Knowledge of Audio & Video Transports and Codecs (e.g., MP4, H.264, AVC, HEVC, AV1, AAC)
• Knowledge of Video Streaming using HLS and/or DASH.
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Practical knowledge on Android Application Architecture (such as MVVM, MVP)
• Familiarity with writing code in Kotlin
• Experience integrating Adobe Pass with the Primetime Android TVSDK.
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Familiarity with continuous integration
• A creative thinker and experienced problem solver with a hunger for knowledge.