Director, Media/Creative Services
OvationLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Creative Services
The Director, Creative Services will be the creative and strategic point person for all of Ovation's Creative Services projects - including all On-Air Promos, Off-Channel advertising, Ad Sales and Programming Sizzle reels, and other short-form video projects including digital and social content, interstitials, and branded advertiser content for all internal departments including Consumer Marketing, Ad Sales, Affiliate Marketing/Content Distribution, Corporate Relations, Public Relations, and Programming. This candidate is responsible for working closely with an extensive creative team of designers, editors, producers and copywriters, to ensure a high level of creative and aesthetic excellence for America's only cable network dedicated to The Arts.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience managing creative teams and a proven track record of producing premium short-form assets, including new series launch campaigns and branded content for advertisers and other 3rd party business partners. Creative output includes not only video, but also printed materials such as print ads, one-sheets, decks for Ad Sales, Marketing teams, and internal company presentations. While this candidate doesn't directly supervise the operations/logistics support team, he/she must be extremely organized and work seamlessly with them to meet all deadlines while staying within strict budgetary constraints.
• Reports to the VP of Creative Services & On-Air Promotions.
• Must have a sharp creative eye, a flair for storytelling, a flair for design, be an excellent copywriter, and a full understanding of on-air promos, digital content, and advertiser-branded content.
• Work closely with Programming, Creative Services, and Marketing teams to plan and execute innovative and multi-platform series launch campaigns.
• Support Ovation's Ad Sales team by generating presentations, creative ideas, and custom concepts for third-party brand partnerships that are innovative and disruptive across all media touch points.
• Support creative production for high-priority company initiatives such as Stand for the Arts, Arts Across the Heartland, and new OTT platforms including Ovation Now and Journy Powered by Ovation.
• Determines assignments of projects to creative team, matching projects with the appropriate creative talent. Evaluates abilities of creative team, making recommendations for new hires and recruiting new talent.
• Work closely with operational staff (schedulers, project managers) to create production timelines and budgets for special projects, and be responsible that these projects are completed on time and under budget.
• Must have 10+ years of Creative experience (Producing on-air promos and other short-form content
• Must have 5+ years of experience managing creative teams as part of a creative group or agency.
• Candidate must be highly organized and able to manage 30-40 projects at one time.
• Candidate must communicate effectively and work directly with various stakeholders while under pressure and tight deadlines, with strict resource constraints
• Must be willing to work long hours including occasional evenings and weekends, with periodic travel for press events.
Ovation is America's only arts network, whose mission is to surface and connect the world to all forms of art and artistic expression. Ovation programming is one-of-a-kind mix of original and selectively curated series, films, documentaries and specials. The network reaches a national audience of nearly 50 million homes and is available on national cable systems, as well as nationally on DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse. Ovation is also available on VOD (in both standard and high definition). Ovation's diversified viewer experiences extend across its linear network, the popular ovationtv.com, and active social presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online