OutfestLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Position: Outfest Los Angeles Production Manager
Status: Seasonal full-time
Reports to: Deputy Director
Supervises: Outfest Los Angeles Production Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, Production Assistants, and Senior Volunteer teams -
including Theater Managers and Special Events Team
Dates: May 20, 2019 - August 9, 2019
Job Summary: The Production Manager is responsible for executing all the production elements including venue rentals, film exhibition, festival rentals, directional signage, parties and receptions, and volunteer staffing of the Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival and events leading up to it.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Negotiate venue contracts and supervise the implementation of venues including décor/signage plan, rentals, licenses, telephone, and internet.
• Secure all necessary permits including fire, health, building, liquor, etc.
• Ensure the highest quality screening of each program. Negotiate rental of video projection equipment and engage projectionists as necessary.
• Secure all necessary rentals (sound, tables etc) for screenings, parties, and events.
• Set-up off-site box office including telephone and internet connections.
• Schedule and coordinate receptions for Outfest Los Angeles (25-30), including licenses and bartenders.
• Train and supervise the Production Coordinator, Production Assistants, Theater & Venue Managers, and Special Events Team.
• Oversee volunteer recruiting, staffing, training, and acknowledgment for festival and screenings.
• Oversee patron and staff safety systems including appropriate insurance of festival sites and events.
• Manage vendors including the special event company contracted for Outfest Los Angeles Opening Night Gala.
• Manage the distribution of sponsor-donated product throughout the festival.
• Work closely with all departments to ensure all production elements are handled for any program.
• Maintain departmental budget and report regularly to Deputy Director.
• Track measurable goals in the annual plan and department goals.
• Travel and attend meetings, presentations, and events outside the office.
• Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended workday.
• Minimum of two (2) years of previous special event or production management experience.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience recruiting, supervising and motivating staff and/or volunteers.
• Knowledge of film, video, and digital exhibition formats.
• Computer literacy, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including word, excel, and power point. Previous experience working with database platforms desired with a willingness and ability to learn appropriate database, spreadsheet and other computer programs.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Valid CA Driver's license and vehicle required
• Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands.
• Ability to work well independently and as a team member. Ability to take initiative, and follow tasks through to completion.
• A commitment to Outfest's mission and an understanding of its programs and their role in the broader LGBTQ movement.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online