Film Traffic and Projection Coordinator
OutfestLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Position: Film Traffic and Projection Coordinator
Details: May 28, 2019 - August 9, 2019
Reports to: Programming Manager
Job Summary: The Film Traffic and Projection Coordinator supports the Programming Department. This person will secure on-time receipt of Festival films and media, see that they are distributed to the appropriate venues as necessary, liaise with projection staff to quality check presentation, and arrange for timely shipping of assets to their next destination. They will also quality check all incoming film exhibition copies, manage customs and print issues as they arise, coordinate screening elements for special events and panels, and other duties as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and update print tracking database in FileMaker Pro in order to track shipping and receiving of all films including origin, carrier, tracking number, theater assignment, and post-festival destination
• Request and distribute KDMs for encrypted DCPs within proper time frames at each venue
• Continual reporting of print status and usage to the Programming team
• Aid in the production of short film program DCPs, collecting and keeping track of received digital files and liaising with post-houses as
• Timely delivery to venues during Festival
• Lead in the coordination to cue films and check prints as needed (setting up venue time pre-fest if required), quality-checking (QC) all
exhibition copies and back-up Blu-rays
• Identify potential problems and discrepancies with exhibition film prints and resolve with film contacts as they arise
• Liaise with projectionists at each Festival venue to troubleshoot any issues identified in QC sessions
• Compile and finalize all projection collateral, such as slide shows, logo slide, and trailers, working with the sponsorship department to help
coordinate pre-show content
• Working with Programming Manager and Coordinator to prepare a detailed projection schedule for distribution
• Maintain and track shipping costs within the Festival budget
• Work with shipping companies, film contacts, and other festivals to import and export films
• Be on-site and assist with projection operations during Festival, July 18 - 28
• Ensure projectionists receive all relevant materials and information for a smooth screening experience, enlisting the help of qualified interns
and volunteers if necessary
• Daily check-in with Programming and Operations departments to troubleshoot any potential screening issues
• Exhibition copy drop-offs and deliveries as needed
• Participate in wrap meetings to evaluate the Festival
• Update and amend the Film Traffic & Projection Coordinator manual with recommendations for next year
• Ship all films to their next destination in a timely manner
• Experience as a Print Traffic Coordinator or previous international parcel shipping preferred
• Familiarity with film exhibition formats; knowledge of film production or editing in Final Cut or Adobe Premiere a plus
• Proficiency with Macintosh-based programs, including Microsoft Office apps, FileMaker Pro, and Google Docs
• Able to work independently, efficiently, and under deadline pressure
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to take initiative, be motivated, and follow tasks through to completion
• Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands
• Detail-oriented with a demonstrated attention to accuracy, well-organized
• Ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
• Possess a car with a valid driver's license and automobile insurance
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This position is seasonal from May 28, 2019 - August 9, 2019.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online