Box Office Manager
OutfestLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Position: Outfest Los Angeles Box Office Manager
Status: Seasonal | Full-time
Reports to: Deputy Director and Operations Manager
Supervises: Box Office Assistant Managers, Box Office Ticket Agents, and Volunteers
Dates: April 22 - August 9, 2019
Job Summary: The Box Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of ticket sales, customer service, operations and personnel management of the Box Office for the Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival. They will also be responsible for overseeing the management of the on-site Box Office along with the Assistant Box Office Managers during the festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the festival ticketing system (Elevent) through the implementation of program and venue scheduling, managing ticket inventory, membership sales and benefits, reporting, and troubleshooting on behalf of all ticket buyers.
• Work closely with the Production and Operations departments to plan and coordinate the logistical aspects of the Festival Box Office and ensure proper equipment, internet, and phone line set-up, etc.
• Coordinate with vendors on ordering badge and ticket stock, computer, tech, and ticket printer rentals.
• Support the Corporate Sponsorship and Development team to ensure ticket and pass deliverables for festival partners and members.
• Supervise and direct the Box Office Assistant Manager(s) in internal ticketing and badge creation.
• Hire, train, schedule and supervise up to 10 box office ticket agents. Manage Box Office volunteers as needed.
• Provide daily admissions and membership sales reports to appropriate departments.
• Manage the Box Office phone lines for ticket sales and questions.
• Set-up an effective Will Call system for Galas and satellite venues.
• Maintain a presence at the Festival Box Office to handle customer issues appropriately.
• Manage the sale and distribution of Outfest Festival merchandise.
• Oversee the stand-by ticket process for all screenings. Coordinate with Theatre Managers and remain in constant communication prior to screening start.
• Work with marketing to ensure proper communication regarding any changes to the program is communicated to ticket buyers.
• At the conclusion of the Festival, work with bookkeeping to reconcile all income through the Box Office.
• Provide a detailed final report and archived files following the festival.
• Two years of experience in Box Office Operations or Management.
• Previous experience using Box Office ticketing/sales platforms (Knowledge of Elevent ticketing software a plus).
• Exceptional customer service skills and ability to train others.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
• Pleasant demeanor and ability to maintain integrity under pressure (when dealing with rush lines, sold out situations, VIP's and filmmakers).
• Familiarity with tech troubleshooting and computer networking preferred or able to learn fast.
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, Filemaker Pro or previous database system familiarity.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to work independently and take initiative when needed.
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Access to a vehicle preferred
This position is seasonal from April 22 - August 9, 2019.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online