Original ProductionsBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Job Description - Original Productions, Emmy-Award winning producer of unscripted content, is seeking a Director, Development. This role reports directly to the VP, Development, who will be responsible for soliciting, creating, developing and overseeing non-scripted series platform
• Be an active contributor to the strategy for the Unscripted Development team
• Develop content of contemporary unscripted programming, specifically for network sales
Create/nurture exciting new ideas
Prepare network pitches
Monitor progress of projects.
• Oversee development of ideas and projects from:
In-house staff/Development department
3rd Party & 'Outside' entities
• Contribute to production/creative management of all pilots and presentations
• Interface closely with Business and Legal Affairs and Production management and networks on creative issues
• Accumulate knowledge of networks' schedules and trends and share with department and producers
• Special Projects as assigned
• 5-7 years of experience in development in a network or a production company
• In-depth knowledge of long-form unscripted programming with strong ratings performance
• Experience with developing international formats
• Working knowledge of production techniques and procedures, and legal issues
• Experience in supervising and/or field production of reality-based programs
• Proven storytelling, writing and editorial abilities
• Staff supervision experience
• Relationships with Agents and Managers
• A self-starter, who is assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated
• Strong communication skills and relationship building ability
• Ideal candidate is polished with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment
• Team Player who works well with others
Fremantle US and Original Productions values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online