Obscured PicturesNew York, NY
Part Time Job
Obscured Pictures is seeking a talented, motivated publicity assistant to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in publicity, marketing, sales or distribution of film.
Working directly with the team, the new team member will be responsible for booking screenings, talent travel, schedules, researching and creating media lists, scheduling, news monitoring, and general administrative duties maintaining our 12 person office. He/she will also have the opportunity to attend screenings and events, draft/proof written materials, brainstorm promotional ideas and build relationships within the film community.
· Must have completed or be enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program in public relations, marketing, communications or film
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, great organizational skills and attention to detail
· Must be resourceful with the willingness and capability to problem solve independently
· Passion for the film industry - we are particularly interested in those who are pursuing a career in film marketing and publicity, but are open to candidates with different backgrounds and interests. A strong desire to learn will yield better, more exciting opportunities
· Knowledge of entertainment media a plus (i.e. key film critics, print, TV, radio, podcasts and online outlets)
· Previous experience in film required
Maintaining Master Schedule
Updating Staffing/Holiday schedule
Maintaining Press Lists
Booking screenings/managing DCP requests and delivery
Requesting screening links and delivering to press
Arranging talent travel/cars
Creating expense reports and invoices
Covering phones and managing voice mail
Overseeing production/distribution of materials (posters, press kits, etc)
Managing distribution house (iMoxie) and inventory
Shipping of materials (Fedex, messenger, etc)
General office operations
This position's hours are from 9:30am - 6:00pm and also includes checking emails at night and on weekends, as well as occasional nighttime events/screenings coverage.
Starting salary is $33k - $36k. We provide full medical, dental and vision after a three month probationary period. We also pay for mobile phone plans and provide a corporate card for all expenses.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online