Sales Development Lead
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
Sales Development Lead (Strategy & Business Operations)
The Oakland Athletics Strategy & Business Operations team leads key organizational initiatives focused on revenue generation, sales strategy, and new ballpark planning, as well as overseeing the club's merchandise, concessions, and parking businesses.
The Sales Development Lead position is a full-time role focuses on B2B lead generation and qualification, prospecting strategy, outreach and marketing campaigns, and CRM process management. The SDL will be charged with the growth, health, and efficiency of the B2B sales pipeline. This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative self-starter looking for a high-exposure, high-impact role in sports, with opportunities to drive creative strategic projects and build out powerful premium and B2B pipeline process.
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision makers
- Collaborate closely with Strategy and Business Analytics team on CRM process and lead segmentation and data management
- Conduct high volume, targeted outreach to corporate prospect community (dials/email/social)
- Create, execute, analyze, and refine B2B online marketing outreach campaigns with guidance from customer acquisition team
- Communicate the A's value proposition and future vision to decision makers and qualify them for potential sales opportunities
- Schedule highly qualified meetings for premium sales Account Executives and Corporate Partnerships sales managers
- Ensure inbound inquiries across season tickets, premium, group sales, business development, and corporate partnerships are properly routed, creating a successful, efficient system that exceeds client expectations
- Collaborate closely with our Account Executives to assist in accelerating pipeline growth
- Contribute towards optimizing our approach towards sales development to drive ongoing improvement
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1 years of experience in SaaS or B2B tech sales preferred
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM, LinkedIn/prospecting tools, and email marketing software preferred
- Experience qualifying leads in previous role
- Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with a BI/Visual Analytics Tool (Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.) is a plus – but not required
- Ideal role for creative, passionate individuals looking ready for a high-impact role building out B2B processes
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and LinkedIn/prospecting tools
- High activity volume for outreach via email marketing, 1-1 email, and phone calls
- Strong volume of qualified meetings set from qualified inbound and outbound leads
- Number of closed-won deals from appointments set by SDL
- Successful project management skills to maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of the B2B pipeline
- Positive, collaborative contribution to overall sales and strategy team culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?