Marketing Data Analyst
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Marketing Data Analyst. The Marketing Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing marketing data and providing analytic insights in order to increase revenue generation. This will be a project-centric job whose responsibilities will include analyzing our paid digital media, organic social media, and e-mail data, providing insights related to our audience segmentation, as well as assisting in the design and development of our digital marketing campaigns.
This position will report to the Manager of Business Analytics.
- Design and develop paid digital marketing campaigns across a variety of platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), analyzing for efficacy, and providing recommendations to maximize revenue
- Analyze organic social media data, help to define best engagement practices by type of post per platform
- Define a value to organic social media posts, defined by ticket sales and potential sponsorship opportunities
- Monitor e-mail performance and use data to improve e-mail open and click rates leading to increased sales
- Assist in development of trigger e-mails to best prospect our database
- Develop an audience segmentation strategy
- Measure, track, and develop ROI across a variety of advertising platforms
- Work with sales and strategy team to integrate automated marketing tools into sales process
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Engineering, or Business (MBA preferred)
- 3 years experience analyzing marketing data, preferably in an entertainment field
- Experience with a BI/Visual Analytics Tool (Tableau, Microstrategy, Qlik)
- Experience with a CRM system (Salesforce/Dynamics)
- Experience with a SQL/database toolset (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with a data science toolkit (Python, R, etc.) preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?