Manager, Strategy & Business Operations
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
The Oakland Athletics are looking for a full-time Manager, Strategy & Business Operations for our Strategy & Business Operations team. This role will focus on strategic, conceptual, tactical support of ticket sales, membership, and concessions. This position will also be responsible for qualitative and quantitative analysis, this position will lead key cross-departmental initiatives to improve new business sales and customer retention, drive ROI on capital improvements, and lead coordination of operational challenges.
The Oakland Athletics Strategy & Business Operations team leads key organizational initiatives focused on growing the fan base, driving revenue, strategic planning, and building a new ballpark in Oakland. The team also oversees the club's merchandise, concessions, and parking businesses as well as supporting internal business reporting.
* Support key ticket sales initiatives through project management of key milestones and deliverables, quantitative analysis, and ROI impact studies
* Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to increase efficiency throughout ticket sales and service processes
* Work cross-functionally to drive collaboration across ticket sales, marketing, and corporate partnership teams
* Management of concessions business including, but not limited to, development of and implementation of concessions strategies and goals, business performance reporting, and serving as a liaison to concessionaire
* Conduct in-depth research, analysis, and project management on projects as needed by Director of Strategy and Business Operations, VP of Sales and Strategy, COO and other key leaders
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree required, MBA is a plus
* Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience, demonstrating a track record of success in marketing, business development, or sales required
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with particular focus on Excel (modeling) and PowerPoint
* Familiarity with CRM systems (Salesforce, Dynamics) and BI/Visual Analytics Tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, etc.)
* Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated leadership qualities throughout work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?